AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Siamese Fighters And discus

Default Siamese Fighters And discus

I was told that it is safe to keep 1 siamese fighter male in my discus tank is this true.and would the fighter survive in 80-82 degrees fh.if so can i keep my wifes fighter in my tank without incedent.the fighters are her babies like the discus are mine.

Default Re: Siamese Fighters And discus

Not quite sure how Bettas will do at higher temps. Most Betta keepers I know keep them at room temp (74F)

I kept one with discus at higher temp no problem except,and I dont know alot about bettas,I understand they can gorge them selves to death.Food more readly availble with discus.Mine lasted about a year,then one day it looked like it ate a merble and died in a couple of days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Real Name
    Tim Allen

Betta can handle high temps well. From what Bill said they are pigs and eat and eat. Also I find that in a large tank they swim them self to death. That maybe the reason why they are mostly kept in small tanks normally no more than 1g.
    Thanks Timmy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Follow me on FaceBook Time Bomb Discus
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/213399702163350/
    Or all enquiries timebombdiscus@outlook.com.au

I have been dealing with bettas for a while.They are verocious eaters but males cant move very well due to their large fins.and their ideal operating area is 2 foot heated tank with plants where they can sleep.im just worried about diseases between the 2 .female bettas arnt a good idea as they are very mobile and aggressive.a discuss tank properly set up is ideal breeding conditions for bettas but im just worried about my discus delta and dante and water quality and disese

Quote Originally Posted by timmy82 View Post
    Betta can handle high temps well. From what Bill said they are pigs and eat and eat. Also I find that in a large tank they swim them self to death. That maybe the reason why they are mostly kept in small tanks normally no more than 1g.
    I have always kept them in a large tank,and I found if there are plants or a piece of driftwood floating,they will make a territory and not swim allover the place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

I have four bettas and one in each of my four discus tanks. I have two twenty gallon longs, a sixty-five gallon and a 125 gallon. All at eight-five degrees and various hardness and the bettas are just fine. Some are two years old already.

I have now for a while kept one of my wifes bettas in my 4foot discus tank.he thrives in it , one of my wifes finest bettas at the moment.I would say betta in a discus tank works great.