ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: North American Discus Association 2014 Show - June 20-22, 2014!

Default Re: North American Discus Association 2014 Show - June 20-22, 2014!

LMAO, great description Josie! I still contend that Dan wet himself when you had him in that hold, it was much deserved.

But there's a better Josie story that I can only tell in person at a show.
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

Quote Originally Posted by yim11 View Post
    LMAO, great description Josie! I still contend that Dan wet himself when you had him in that hold, it was much deserved.

But there's a better Josie story that I can only tell in person at a show.
    Lol --- and just another example of why you need to be there!!!

Nicole

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    SOS Crew Texas
    Show Committee for NADA 2014 AUSTIN TX

Registered Member

For those who may be traveling by air and are new to NADA:

Does the show usually provide oxygen and clean transport water for bagging fish at takedown or are the exhibitors responsible for making those arrangements?
    Do participants usually bring their own heaters for their show tanks?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wrp View Post
    For those who may be traveling by air and are new to NADA:

Does the show usually provide oxygen and clean transport water for bagging fish at takedown or are the exhibitors responsible for making those arrangements?
    Do participants usually bring their own heaters for their show tanks?

Thanks
    People will have bags.. and there will be box from FISH that were DELIVERED to the show..

Stephen, Nicole and I.. all brought back fish via our airline flight back to Texas.. it has to go CARGO.. it was not a problem.. NADA will not be shipping them.. But there will be plenty of help for you..

the tanks for show fish will have Tank, Water, Heater and filter..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Skip, what about oxygen and clean transport water for bagging fish?
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Skip, what about oxygen and clean transport water for bagging fish?
    at this moment i am can not say NADA will supply it.. BUT in Atlanta.. Bags and O2 were there.. don't know who actually provided them.. and boxes
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

NADA does not have any shipping supplies, but many people at the show will have extra bags/boxes/O2 for shipping. We can help you find people with extra supplies, or if you give one of the show committee folks a heads up on what you need we can try make those arrangements for you.

Thanks
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

Registered Member

Thanks, appreciate the information.

No problem with supplies but it is not feasible to transport oxygen cylinder on plane. Is it possible to arrange to rent a cylinder at show for bagging fish?

Warlock, are you sure there is no problem in shipping fish home by air cargo from Austin? I ask because both American (our flight) air cargo and Southwest air cargo refused any live fish this past Sunday out of Dallas. Apparently they have shipping restrictions based on temperature and it was too hot for them to accept our fish, even at night. I have no idea if this is a problem in Austin during June but it was a real problem in Dallas last Sunday, Sept 1. We ultimately had to have someone ship our fish FedEx Tuesday as air cargo was still refusing to accept live animals.

Again, appreciate the information.

Richard

Very interesting, I don't ship AA but do sometimes SWA and have never seen that restriction. It's pretty hot here (Dallas/Ft Worth) right now so better safe than sorry maybe?

Hard to say what the weather will be next year lol but it's very safe to assume Austin will be hot, I don't think it will be DFW hot and if folks can't get fish out on Sun flights we'll do what we need to to assist with that.

Thanks

Thanks, appreciate the information.

No problem with supplies but it is not feasible to transport oxygen cylinder on plane. Is it possible to arrange to rent a cylinder at show for bagging fish?

Warlock, are you sure there is no problem in shipping fish home by air cargo from Austin? I ask because both American (our flight) air cargo and Southwest air cargo refused any live fish this past Sunday out of Dallas. Apparently they have shipping restrictions based on temperature and it was too hot for them to accept our fish, even at night. I have no idea if this is a problem in Austin during June but it was a real problem in Dallas last Sunday, Sept 1. We ultimately had to have someone ship our fish FedEx Tuesday as air cargo was still refusing to accept live animals.

Again, appreciate the information.

Richard
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by CozyKeith View Post

NO NO NO NOT THE DRESS!!!!!!!!!

Now imagine, 2003, you come all the way from Holland to visit a fish show in the USA. First a drive "from hell" from Washington DC to Cincinnati, I think it took us 24 hours, if not...... it felt like 48. We brought together the racks, the Discus etc upstairs to the room and in 5 seconds everybody was gone to beer, bar, alcohol and some other things. I was the only one left in the room, now I was there with my Discus so first care....... my Discus.

Me pissed (because rest was gone) laying under a rack, putting air lines together. Door goes open, first thought, finally some help, look from under the rack, see some lady pumps and a pair of very hairy legs........ look up, a blue dress, little higher a mustache.........
    A voice says Hi ..... who you think I'm??? to be honest...... I was scared at that moment for that psycho......... without the dress, John and I became friends for life.

Lot of the "old" Discus people I met at that show, Willy, Mat (Larry), Randy + Tracey, Mench, Anand, Steve, Cary, etc etc etc, gosh, so many people I only knew from the forums. At that show I made more or less my decision, I'm going to move to the USA,

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

LOL....I remember that. I was trying to get there before everyone bugged out....I guess I am getting old though because I cannot remember the room number.....for those that don't know it was quite famous for a while...

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

no, i am not sure.. i don't work for the airlines.. you will have to contact the airline you plan on using.. we flew out of HOT-lanta to Austin..
    everyone pretty much makes things happen at the convention.. i wasn't expecting to get any fish at all.. until Sunday at the auction, literally 2 hours before flying out... i picked up 3.. we made it happen there with help from others..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    LOL....I remember that. I was trying to get there before everyone bugged out....I guess I am getting old though because I cannot remember the room number.....for those that don't know it was quite famous for a while...

-john
    John, have to look up the T-shirt think it was 1401????

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Some folks had asked about getting the rooms for an additional night at our out of this world price...well we have good news....The hotel has set a limited block of rooms aside for us, but I would not wait too long.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    Some folks had asked about getting the rooms for an additional night at our out of this world price...well we have good news....The hotel has set a limited block of rooms aside for us, but I would not wait too long.

-john
    cant wait to sit in the Executive Chair during the speeches
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast