AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm betting that no one else soaks their food in this 'pick me up'.

Default I'm betting that no one else soaks their food in this 'pick me up'.

So i'm into fitness and health and blah, blah, blah. There are a few things that I consume that causes me to really feel a difference. Don't want to disclose it just yet. I started feeding one of these things to my discus. Actually, I started soaking their FDBW in it and not only do they love it, but their colors have picked up as well, even in just 2 days of me doing this. Check out the colors on these Forrest RT. I'll give you a hint. It is 100% all natural and has LOTS of natural sugar in it but has a TON of natural vitamins and minerals in it as well. I consume this natural goodness myself when I want to heal from an injury. I think i'm on to something here with my discus....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Christopher G

Default Re: I'm betting that no one else soaks their food in this 'pick me up'.

Green Vibrance?

Registered Member

Moonshine??

Real Name
    Christopher G

Quote Originally Posted by JERRYKEVIN View Post
    Moonshine??
    Lol! That's only when he wants to breed them

Registered Member

Lol Chris

Real Name
    Benjamin

Quote Originally Posted by JERRYKEVIN View Post
    Moonshine??
    I like that....LOL

Honey

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

So is this thread just a tease or...?
    President - North American Discus Association

Real Name
    Jacklyn

lovely fish, you are right their colors are very vibrant. now about those tanks???
    ~JACKLYN~

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

pro-growth
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Christopher G

Quote Originally Posted by blueluv View Post
    Green Vibrance?
    Bump

Quote Originally Posted by jmf3460 View Post
    lovely fish, you are right their colors are very vibrant. now about those tanks???
    Those tanks are fine. Been doing it this way for years and years with all my fish. This particular tank that you see in the pics is stained with dead algae. I bleached the tank to sterilize it before Kenny's discus arrived and then changed all the water out, added back aged water from my outside holding tanks and threw a little dechlor in it. The stain on the sides stayed (which is what i wanted) and this will help jump start the algae and benifitial bacteria colony that will eventually establish itself there. The water column needs to stay fresh and clean and free of free floating organic particles and the tank bottem needs to be free of accumulating detris and mulk. The stained sides of the tank do absolutely nothing but help me out. I want as much benefitial bacteria in my tanks that I can get and the tank walls and floor work well in housing it. The discus' slime don't do a dang thing but get broken down by the healthy bacteria colony. No, if a person keeps that water column sparkling and the mulm cleaned up then he will have healthy discus. Planted tanks are no different. There is no way a healthy established planted tank gets each of his pebbles in the substrate 'wiped down'. Nor does this 'wipe down' process happen in the wild. Yes, yes "lots of rain water, etc... etc.." but there is still no wipe down. Ever. That water column. That's where it's at. I also aim for algae growth on the sides of my tanks. Bu this particular tank is new and though it already had stain on the sides before I added these discus in it, it has not had time to get my algae growth in it that I love. The tank just finished cycling 4 days ago though. Only took a week and a half.
    Oh, and btw, when I want a beautiful tank to look at, I set up a planted display or a Rock or wood display. When I want breeder tanks I do them ALL like this.
    Last edited by Bilbo; 08-25-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Honey
    Was that comment for me or were you guessing what I used?

Quote Originally Posted by CozyKeith View Post
    So is this thread just a tease or...?
    Haha.... maybe? Naaa, just wanted to see if anyone could guess it.

weight gainer

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast