ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm betting that no one else soaks their food in this 'pick me up'.

Default Re: I'm betting that no one else soaks their food in this 'pick me up'.

Ok guys. I'll let you in on it. For years I have juiced. When I want to heal from an injury I juice. When I want to increase vitality I juice. When I want to get stronger I juice. Juicing is good for lots of things. And not the 'dead' juice you find in stores. It offers nothing as it's pasteurized. So I got to thinking, why not offer it to my fish? They need natural vitamins and minerals as well. Juicing is perfect for that. Not to mention beats and carrots offer red coloring. So I started soaking their fdbw in it before feeding time. They GORGED themselves on it. Bellies swollen, happy discus. I figured fdbw would work good for this because they soak up the juice and rehydrate themselves. I noticed the vitality and color of my fish explode. I also got a spawn and more preparing to spawn.

I juiced a beet, sweet potato, celery, carrots, spinach, and lychee. Sometimes I change it up. I was debating on sharing this info but this forum has been good to me so I thought I would give back. Make sure to keep a small white container of it with a tight lid to minimize oxidation and light neutralization.
    Last edited by Bilbo; 08-25-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueluv View Post
    GINGER ROOT ?
    Haha! Did that last week. Lit my kids up! That stuff is hot!

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

I also use a secret ingredient. For those of you that purchase our beefheart your fish already get it. It's natural from the amazon river basin and discus eat it in the wild. It's a great antioxidant and vitamin supplement for them. It keeps my discus healthy and eating like little pigs. After a little more testing from a food scientist (Mad Scientist) we will release our results and share it with you guys. We have been using it for over a year with great results..........coming to a Forum near you ...... Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbobaggins View Post
    Not a chance, lol. Unscrubbed walls has always contributed to part of my success. A bare tank with just clean glass is hideous to me. If I keep bare breeder tanks (which I always do) I deliberately aim for algae and dirty tank walls.
    Well, if you aim for algae and unscrubbed, dirty tank walls, that seems more than just 'odd' to me .... 'clean is hideous to you'.... unbelievable .... I can just imagine how you live overall.
    And you still haven't told us what kind of juice ???
    Wow - takes all kinds.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    Well, if you aim for algae and unscrubbed, dirty tank walls, that seems more than just 'odd' to me .... 'clean is hideous to you'.... unbelievable .... I can just imagine how you live overall.
    Wow - takes all kinds.

LOL....Paul you cracked me up when I read this ......Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Real Name
    Christopher G

Haha! Did that last week. Lit my kids up! That stuff is hot!
    A member here (Chad Hughes) who use a product called green vibrance for his discus.

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    Wow - takes all kinds.
    You don't worry about how I live or what I like. You just concentrate on keeping to the context of this thread and you will be doing fine. I promise you, you don't want to compare life styles, homes, and life achievements. So let's just stay on topic.

well i love the juicing idea, and i cant wait to see what Josie reveals ! i have custom made dog food with sweet potatoe, raw 100% organic locally produced turkey and ingredients, been testing it on dogs for AGES and got the same ladies to make my beefheart/shrimp mix for me, i think ill soak my freeze dried blackworms too in the dogfood ! (fresh made every week) what do you think any reason not to? carrots sweet potatoe, vitamins and minerals its close to what they make for me for the fish, with the beefheart and shrimp its all 100% the cleanest food we can get here. thanks for the tips guys i REALLY appreciate it

The key to juicing for your discus is to do it while the juice is fresh. Not dead. Same thing with us humans. Dead juice does us no good.

Real Name
    Christopher G

The key to juicing for your discus is to do it while the juice is fresh. Not dead. Same thing with us humans. Dead juice does us no good.
    What do you mean by dead juice?

Interesting... Never thought of using my juice maker to mix a good Juice mix and dip the FDBW in it before feeding... I may have to try this out. What fruits and veggie is a good combo?

FDBW soaked in carrot juice, does the water gets metal smell quick? Just curious.

I thought about using steroid to juice my discus from

This

To this!

Real Name
    Christopher G

Quote Originally Posted by kalelhawj View Post
    I thought about using steroid to juice my discus from

This

To this!

Lol!!! You'll have the Arnold Swhazenneger of discus. Ya! Get to the making of my juiced fdbw Now! Lol

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast