AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Jack Wattley Hi-Fin Coerulea X German Colbalt

Default Re: Jack Wattley Hi-Fin Coerulea X German Colbalt

The honeymooners spawned several hours after putting them in their own tank. Most the eggs still look good, so we will see. In the mean time I am finally going to move my big honkin desk upstairs out of the living room/fish room, and free up space for a couple more grow out tanks and breeder tanks. Basically I can fit another 150 gallons or so in here while keeping it functional as a living space. After that I would need to go vertical, which in an earthquake hot spot is something I would prefer not to do (other than with perhaps double stack 20 gallon breeders).

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Jack Watley Hi-Fin Coerulea X German Colbalt

Quote Originally Posted by mee View Post
    Dear Moderators, Someone pointed out that I have spelled Wattley wrong in this thread, and my latest. I don't feel the need to correct every time I made this mistake, but would really appreciate if you can change the title of this thread and my latest thread here http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...t=#post1204649 to the correct "Wattley".

I think this comes from reading others make this mistake, but I think Mr Sadaki may also spell it this way because in Japan double letters except with vowels don't really exist.
    Someone was able to take care of it for you , my money is on Pat!

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Well I also PM'd Brewmaster aka AL, so I assumed it was him, but don't really know. Either way thanks to whomever took care of it, and to any and all it may have irritated, I will do my best to spell Mr. Wattley's name correctly from now on, but I am often typing with a two year old at my side, so please forgive the occasional mistake

It was Brewmaster, How much money did we bet again ??

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by mee View Post
    It was Brewmaster, How much money did we bet again ??
    We never shook hands Mee

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

We never shook hands Mee

You got me !

*extends his hand in an act of good will and trickery

OK, as usual I have been pretty busy, and not taking as many photo's in the fish room as I would like. My priority has been water changes as I am growing out two broods at the moment. Just a handful of pics, not the best, but better than nothing I hope.

First up, this male is sorta the unsung superstar in this thread. I would say he is the most traditional Courelea looking of my 3 large males with a very classic pattern. He is not quite as big as my A male, but very close. These two pics were in 100% natural daylight, and it was just one of those moments where I saw it hitting him, and said "get the camera!" Snapped the first pic from the couch, then got in closer for the second. He is not used to this as I am usually snapping pics of the A male, so he got a bit shy and I never really got the shots I wanted. Still, he deserves a little spot light.

Wattley Male Beta 2.jpgWattley Male Beta.jpg

Next up, just a couple shots with the Alpha male with his mate and their current brood of between 80 and 100.
    Alpha with Rd2 2.jpgAlpha with Rd2.jpg

Real Name
    Ricardo

Very nice shots. TFS

Cafepress.com

Registered Member Driftwood Mike's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mike

Sweeeeeet!

Thanks Ricardo, and Mike,

The pair with the fry has gone really dark this time, so combined with only having an led behind the background on this tank, they are not the easiest to photograph. Next time I move the fish room around, I will try and put them where they will get more daylight.

My apologize, I know it's been awhile. No photo's, but a brief update. The batch of 46 are doing well, the batch of what looks now to be about 75 after about 10 losses over the last month, most seemingly predation. They look good though as well. I had a suprised when I moved the A male to a tank full of 9 of my original fry from the first spawn I had when I had no time to keep up with things. I call it my tank of shame cause most are runts. Well, the second largest turned out to be a female, and was making cleaning passes with my A male, so I figured what the hay, and put them in a breeding tank together, within hours she layed a very large amount of eggs (easily 200+) and they all look very good. I believe it is about day 2, so should see some wiggling soon. She is actually about the same size as my other females, so not so small, and thicker because that tank has been getting huge feedings and water changes to try and bring them up to size. I was just about ready to take them all in to sell to my local fish shop, so it was good timing to realize I have another very fertile female. My plan is to keep three females and three males and all other watley's have to go to make room for growing out fry. Still need to get one more 60 ish gallon tank. There is a 100+ gallon tank nearbye with a burly stand and huge sump for about $250, but it is just too much for my living room. Trying to keep all tanks protruding from the wall the same distance (20 inches or so) this one would be like 30.

That's all for now. Still busy filming spring here, but soon should have time to get more involved with photographing the fish again.
    Last edited by mee; 04-16-2016 at 07:12 AM.

Registered Member Driftwood Mike's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mike

200+, looks like someone is going to be very busy, lol, and you were concerned in the beginning about them getting it right. Can you type with one hand while changing water with the other lol? I'm getting tired just thinking about it! Guess I'm going to have to start calling you "Discus Mee". All fooling around aside, congrats my friend, maybe a contest to name the new fish house? Ok I'll stop now, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Driftwood Mike View Post
    200+, looks like someone is going to be very busy, lol, and you were concerned in the beginning about them getting it right. Can you type with one hand while changing water with the other lol? I'm getting tired just thinking about it! Guess I'm going to have to start calling you "Discus Mee". All fooling around aside, congrats my friend, maybe a contest to name the new fish house? Ok I'll stop now, lol!
    =) sorry man, yes I have indeed been busy, plus it is peak season for photography, so it's been a tough balance. I will try to be more active soon.

Registered Member

Any update?

Quote Originally Posted by alron2 View Post
    Any update?
    Hey all, sorry It has been a very busy last couple of years raising my son, building drones, and just trying to keep up with water changes. I haven't had a successful wattley spawn in awhile, but my A pair have been in a community tank most the year. I have a young pair that has spawned but not successfully I am waiting on, and am growing out a small group that has a very good looking male emerging, and hopefully some good females. Raising a bilingual son has been quite a challenge, and my focus has to be on him, but I do seem to have a bit more free time now. I have a very recent spawn from A couple of red based fish which I will be making a new thread on soon. The female is a very interesting breed from Sadaki Hachiya (Same as the Wattley breeder) and the male is an amazing fish as well. I have been focusing on fattening up my Wattley females before trying to spawn them again as they always seemed a bit thin from breeding too much I reckon, they are getting there I think. More to come
    Last edited by mee; 08-31-2017 at 02:17 AM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112