AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: North Jersey Aquarium Society event

Registered Member

Default North Jersey Aquarium Society event

North Jersey Aquarium Society is having their 60th anniversary weekend event October 10 through the 13th.
    Thursday the tenth is our monthly meeting with our first speaker Ted Judy.Friday through Saturday NJAS will host a fish show as well as a great line up of speakers and auctions.
    The fish show this year has a new category for planted tanks. At a past monthly meeting there was a mini planted tank competition which produced some excellent and inspiring planted tanks so there should be some great submissions at the October show.
    Sunday the 13th is the large auction which in years past has seen hundreds of bags of aquatic plants and freshwater fish,most were species that you don't see in your local pet store

Registered Member

Default Re: North Jersey Aquarium Society event

A great event! I have driven there from MD when I lived there and now from CT.

Ron

Registered Member

There is a long list of vendors and manufactures who will be at the NJAS event this weekend.Apisto guys,Absolutely fish,RT 4 aquarium,Kazimers pets,Zoo med and Shark aquarium are some of the vendors at the fish show this saturday. I personally have got some great fish and products from these vendors at last years show and this years event seems to be even larger.

Registered Members

I been into discus now a bit over a yr have 2 tank's just for 9 fry from someone from northjersey from this site amazing discus ROLAND TEVES he breed's them i'd be surprised if he's not none in ur group, he was nice enough too drop them too my apt as he was visiting his son 10-12 miles away, anyway why i'm posting is my brother-in law goes too nj every sunday and 4 gas money would drive me anyway i'm sure ur properly a good distance can I have all the status on this weekend time loc, etc cost and the status on this Thursday meeting I know i'll wouldn't be able too make it every month but anything poss as once every 3 month's I take nj transit too metro park nj, and the cost is next too nothing as i'm on SSI, and get on less than half price real interested in attenting def the show if fact i'm almost guar too show on at least sunday,

Registered Member

Where is the show and what are the hours?

Registered Member

all info can be found at njas.net

by the way was at last auction and Hans donated some discus for the auction. Auction
    Sunday can get crowded but if can hold out till near end then can get some great deals

Registered Member

Go to njas site for details.I think Discus Hans is donating fish or a gift certificate to the Saturday night auction for registered attendees.Sunday auction starts with viewing of bags form 11:00 to 12:00 with auction starting at 12:00. Thursday night meeting is typically 7:45 but this month it will most likely start early early.
    Last 2 or 3 spring and fall auctions there seemed to be more discus for auction than previous years and they were also were nice quality.
    The fish show on Saturday already has some interesting entries as well as a new category for planted tanks.

Registered Members

sorry too seem dump or ask a dump question I went too njas.com found the address of thurday meeting fish already restistured for sunday auction i.c our famous HAN'S yess discus han's has many bag's i.c it stat's prompt at noon, but what I can find most important it the location or address of the auction is it the same as Thursday's meeting at the sAME HOTEL? looking 4 a answer asap? if it is I most likely will go and also what time does it end sunday?

Registered Member

Ron,the Sunday auction as well as the fish show and vendor room are all located at the same address as Thursday night meeting.
    Days hotel
    195 rt 18
    East Brunswick
    The auction usually closes around 5:00 but is determined by the number of bags in the auction