ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Getting the WOW Affect with Allot Less Work- Design and Servicing the Purigen Reactor

Real Name
    Bill

Default Re: Getting the WOW Affect with Allot Less Work- Design and Servicing the Purigen Rea

Just want to say thanks for keeping up the dialogue on these things, with links to product supplies, and to share what I did.

Roland, I like the coffee filter! Seems like a good approach for a sump application.

In my case, I set up a Phosban 550 branched off an Eheim 2217 that returns to my main tank. I cut a spare Seachem "The Bag" I had and sandwiched it between the rigid plastic disks Phosban sells for containing fluidized bio-media pellets, along with some 100 or 200 micron filter fabric I had around as a sort of prefilter. Now that things are stabilized, I'm not getting any bypass; at first I did see a little, though that may have come from the way I was moving things around during initial setup. (I think a little ended up in the return tubing.) When I saw a few beads blowing around in the tank, I zip tied a spare small 100mg purigen bag I had laying around to the end of the return, which goes into the display. It worked great, and was fairly unobtrusive; after a couple of months, it did start to grow algae. Since it was no longer collecting anything, I removed it.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sayid

Default Re: Getting the WOW Affect with Allot Less Work- Design and Servicing the Purigen Rea

hi farebox;
    very good setup and clever use of coffee filter ,my problem is that i have not got a sump ,you also have beautiful and healthy fish.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sayid

hi guys;
    i have had problems with my plants for some time ,i have had black bits which i did not know whether they are dead l leaves or they are feces ,the plants also slowed my circulation which effected the rate of dissolving of the feces.

i am also in the middle of 10 days medication period and having sand and plants reduces its effectiveness so 30 minutes ago i thought i had enough and took all the plants out so i can establish if my circulation is adequate or not ,also today i cleaned one of my canisters after 4 months ,it was not excessively dirty but i thought i have to start from a clean base ,i use 2 big prefilters 1 for each canister which can be seen in the photo ,the prefilters are cleaned twice a week and its a 10 second job . i am still in the process of building the reactor out of phosban 550 . I will put a progress report as i go forward .
    sayid

Real Name
    Sean

Is there anyway if you find the time that you could copy your pictures over to Flickr or some other service? The only reason I ask is because I'd really like to build three of these for my tanks but photobucket redirects me to spyware "you won this free iPad" crap websites after 30 seconds of viewing an image.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567