AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Breeding Log 2

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

Default Re: Breeding Log 2

Alright! I'm with Bill I hope they don't eat the wriggs or when they go free swimming. Kind of surprised they haven't darkened up yet though. I'm sure they will make some super parents though! Good luck with them
    -Brandon
    Discus.....The best cult I've been a part of!
    B's Bunker

Quote Originally Posted by Trier20 View Post
    Alright! I'm with Bill I hope they don't eat the wriggs or when they go free swimming. Kind of surprised they haven't darkened up yet though. I'm sure they will make some super parents though! Good luck with them
    I have never seen the female darken during her breeding journey. This new male has a few time so maybe the male can darken and lead the way. Not sure why they don't darken like other pairs that I've seen. We will see how thing are when I'm back in the morning.

Well thanks to Bill LOL he jinks my pair and the free swimmer are all eaten up. I assume they must have been hungry during my three day weekend away from home or probably the inexperience male ate them up. They are at it again so probably new batch of eggs soon.

Sorry to hear that. We both know to be patient and they'll figure it out.

Like always, keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by kalelhawj View Post
    Well thanks to Bill LOL he jinks my pair and the free swimmer are all eaten up. I assume they must have been hungry during my three day weekend away from home or probably the inexperience male ate them up. They are at it again so probably new batch of eggs soon.
    Just speaking from experience,sigh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill63SG View Post
    Just speaking from experience,sigh.
    Bill, your experience was dead on... Hopefully next batch is the one...

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

Quote Originally Posted by kalelhawj View Post
    I figured that would happen since the parents didn't darken up. They'll get it eventually!
    -Brandon
    Discus.....The best cult I've been a part of!
    B's Bunker

On eggs again. They do not waste time. We will see how they do on their third try together...

Good luck!

Registered Member

Good luck Kale with this new spawn/pairing. Can't wait for my Piwos from Josie to reach size and start spawning too!...Bill

Those piwow grow fast so in no time you'll have your own pair too. Keep us posted on your pair...

Looks like the batch of Wriggler may be going free swimmer in a day or two... I have change my routine of not doing WC until free swimmer stage to doing 25% WC daily in the morning and about 5% at night after each feeding (Two feeding per day). So far no issue with the wriggler (about 80-90 wriggler). My question is can I do a bigger WC (50%) using age tap water while they are wriggler stage to free swimmer or just keep doing smaller daily 25% WC in the morning and 5% at night? I've also try wiping down the inside of the tank but once I get close to the breeding area the male will not let me any where near it. Should I continue trying to wipe down the tank or just leave it be until they go free swimmer/attached?

Registered Member

I know everyone does it differently, but I do NO tank maintenance at all until fry are attached. I see no reason to disturb them. Most times it's best to just stay away! All the best...Bill

Quote Originally Posted by William Palumbo View Post
    I know everyone does it differently, but I do NO tank maintenance at all until fry are attached. I see no reason to disturb them. Most times it's best to just stay away! All the best...Bill
    Thanks Bill... All the info I've read on here very with most recommend doing daily WC... Some have no issue like you doing no WC/Tank maintenance until attached while otherwise keep the tank very clean and daily WC including wiping down the tank... I guess I'll keep doing the current WC regime without wiping down the tank keeping the tank as clean as possible until they attached. We'll see what happens. Anyone experience with breeding are welcome to chime in...

Glad, its going on well. No jinxing this time. but don't forget to share pics once u find time..

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast