AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beware of Pigeon Strains from Hans

Registered Member

Default Re: Beware of Pigeon Strains from Hans

to give hans credit... i was at his place when his supplies were low - he actually told me not to buy some of his stock because they had peppering. you dont get that often: "dont buy from me because the quality is not good". so he is not going to knowingly push something bad to you - especially if you made a point of your high expectation

I bought a silver pigeon from hans a while back (avatar fish). It was my first time buying from a reliable person after having a TERRIBLE experience with an ex-sponsor. I called hans and asked if he could give me a fish with minimal to no peppering. He said he would pick a nice one for me, and that he did. I was shocked to see the amazing condition of this fish...it was Eating 5 minutes after being tanked. It was my first "nice" discus. A few minutes later Hans called to make sure everything was OK. AMAZING costumer service.I Would definitely buy from Hans again without hesitation.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Boys and girls (and John)

Thanks

Hans

More about this: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...Pigeon-Strains
    Last edited by Discus-Hans; 09-26-2013 at 02:16 AM.
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Real Name
    Rick

I have never recieved anything but quality fish from Han's. Suffice it to say that nobody cares more about the hobby than him. That being said, I would like to touch on something that has not yet been brought up:

Pigeon bloods all develop differently. Trust me on this, I have raised more than my fair share and have watched first hand how, and more importantly when, pepper can develop. I have seen fish that at 2" are quite peppered, turn into beutiful adults with very little peppering when full grown. I have also witnessed totally clean pigeon bloods at three inches develop pepper at 4". It happens. Great strides have been taken to insure this happens infrequently, but no one can totally gurantee a young juvenile pigeon blood will grow into a pepper free adult. IMO it just isn't possible. There will always be a small element of risk involved when buying juveniles. So what do you do? Either you take that risk, or buy an adult. As many before me have already suggested, there are do's and don'ts that will allow your pigeon blood to be the best it can be. So far you have failed miserably in providing it the proper environment to do so. To add to this problem your intial email to Hans started out trying to blackmail/extort the good man. My hat off to Hans, he handled it much better than I would have.

-Rick
    Last edited by nc0gnet0; 09-27-2013 at 08:21 AM.
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to share one more first hand experience with Hans. When I was a newbie, I called Hans and sure that I bugged him to death and I KNOW he was a very busy man but he always took time out to talk to me and answer questions He offered suggestions on how to better prepare and what to expect with my first order. When Fed ex was late due to weather issues, he contacted them and then me to let me know what was going on. I have been in retail for 23 years and this is an example of going above and beyond customer service!!! Because this is in the thread its in, dont want to cross the line with Pat, Ryan and others if you want to open another thread can explain it better. Not to bash you but to let you know why and where it went totally wrong for you if you dont know.
    [I]You can't get lost if you don't know where your going...................

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

I have purchased many Discus from Hans and have had fun hanging out with him and forming a great friendship with the man. I would definitely call him one of my good friends and a very trustworthy person.
    Mr. Bishop to sit here and attack the Forum because you were not happy with the way your Discus is growing is not the Forums fault. There is a review section on the Forum that people have posted great things about other suppliers not connected with this Forum. But to sit here and say that Sponsors are protected from negative feedback because we are sponsors is extremely offensive and not what this Forum is all about. There have been many Sponsors that have sold less that adequate discus that are no longer on this Forum because they didn't make the cut. We Sponsors on this Forum go over and beyond the call of customer service and make sure that people are happy with are fish they purchase. ENOUGH
    Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Love the fish I get from Hans, and I have gotten many!!!
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

BTW- The shipping, handling, and health of Han's fish on arrival were outstanding!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12