ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: eheim jager heater issues......uggg

Default eheim jager heater issues......uggg

Ok so I have read on through some threads so forgive me if this is monotonous but give me your input please. Ok so I have a 300 watt eheim jager heater that looks like moisture in it and does not keep temp anymore consistently. So I am looking at buying a very good dependable heater. I am looking at these...

fluval E300
    Catalina Titanium

Also looked at finnex as well, so suggestions and what has and is working for you now....thanks
    [I]You can't get lost if you don't know where your going...................

Default Re: eheim jager heater issues......uggg

I have the same problem as of late with moisture in the Eheims. I contacted them directly and they say that they could have been jarred in shipping. I responded they were fine for 6 moths and now?

So I too am looking at the Fluvals.
    DiscusLoverJeff

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
    Confucius

thanks Jeff, reading the fluval E300 looks like a great unit....
    [I]You can't get lost if you don't know where your going...................

i bought the catalina titanium after some problems with other heaters stability, so far its the freaking BOMB , only had it a month though.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...m?pcatid=25144

I got a couple of these when they first came out (last Spring) and I love them. They couldn't be easier to set and you always know what the temp is.
    Joan

Registered Member

yep, eheim dont make good heaters no more. the old school green eheim heaters are the best. i now used the aqueon pro heaters. so far so good been 3 months.

I'm glad to see this, as I was thinking of asking if anyone had similar problems.
    The closest good fish shop, only has Eheim, so I have and have had a lot of them.
    The glass cracked on about 3-4 broke, because the heating didn't cut off, as it was supposed to when I did a water change. After the glass broke on the first one, from the temperature change when I added new water, I would take them out when I noticed. The slightest contact to anything cool, broke the glass.
    I was told that this is not covered by the guarantee.
    Although I mostly don't have moisture in my Eheim heaters. They remaining ones all worked fine for a few months, then became totally unreliable on keeping the temperature. Sometimes the thermostat works and sometimes they just keep on heating.
    Recommendations for other makes with an automatic cut-off would be appreciated. I'd like to leave them in and on, when do a water change as there's always the danger I could forget to turn them back on.

Hi Liz,

You may also look into the Titanium Via Aqua Heaters. Just don't get the controller wet!!

Registered Member

IMO Cobalt neo therm heaters are the only way to go. They go up to 96 degrees, Has a built in thermometer, Also has a built in red light alarm if temp goes over your setting- And they are bullet proof. I love mine!!!