Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 120 Extra High Planted Journal

Registered Member

Default Re: 120 Extra High Planted Journal

looking good love the setup

Registered Member

Thanks!

Here is a picture from just now. I did a water change and had to prune the Water Sprite a bit. It was so tall some was floating on the surface and it looked out of place in comparison to the other plants. I didn't want to trim it too much and throw the tank out of wack. I also seriously need to replace my root tabs and I am having algae problems due to it. So the tank isn't at it's best right now.

Very nice, I do love the tall plant on the left. Thats the spirit you trimmed? You Discus in the middle has very beautiful colouring and looks nice with the black background.
    kelly

Registered Member

Thank you! Yes that tall plant on the left is the Water Sprite. It's botanical name is Ceratopteris thalictroides a.k.a. C. siliquosa.

Registered Member

Update
    [IMG][/IMG]

At one point the Wisteria took a turn for the worse. My experience with Wisteria is it only does well in new set ups. So that is the gap behind the large Crypt off to the right. There are some little pieces left but it is just sitting there. The Pearl Weed isn't doing much in this tank either. I have some in a 6 gallon bookshelf tank and it loves it in there, it is to the top of the water line. I usually keep the Lily floater leaves trimmed but I wanted to see if I could get a flower. The plant to the right of the water sprite must be Valisneria because it is so tall. I thought it was a tall Sag when it was in my 55 because it never grew. Guess it prefers the conditions in this tank an decided to show it's true self. I'll post some more photos of the fish next.

Registered Member

Cool Re: 120 Extra High Planted Journal

I have had the Turks since Aug. of last year and the Blue Diamond about a month longer. I honestly can't say how old they were when I got them and I definitely don't have huge fish like a lot of the folks here. However I am a newbie and I do admit to not doing anywhere near as many water changes as people recommend here. I am more of a weekly 50% water changer. I did however change the water 2x weekly at 50 % when they were in a bare bottom 55 gallon and about three to four times a week when I first got them and they were in a 20 gallon.
    I think I have a low bio load in this tank. Especially since getting rid of the 3 SAEs. It seemed to help a lot with the Discus having weird white dots on them.. Here are the stars of the show

This one has a nice coloration

Registered Member

Almost forgot to mention that my Sunset Hygro died out which is a huge bummer because I really liked that one. Not sure what it's problem was but it looked like it was being eaten. Although I can't say I really noticed them actually eating it.
    Last pics...

Registered Member

Had a pair lay eggs twice. They were gone the next day though.
    Discus with Eggs by flutterbug79

Real Name
    joel

What a beautiful picture. Stunning

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by jds1990 View Post
    What a beautiful picture. Stunning
    Thank you!

Registered Member

Beautiful tank and discus. Hope they breed again for you soon!

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Great looking tank and fish! Beautiful and healthy discus, like yours, are every bit as wonderful as the 7" ones, as long as healthy like yours. Well done! Nice plants too. Is this tank in your living room?
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Registered Member

Thank you Zonkkie!

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Great looking tank and fish! Beautiful and healthy discus, like yours, are every bit as wonderful as the 7" ones, as long as healthy like yours. Well done! Nice plants too. Is this tank in your living room?
    Barb
    Thanks! Yes it is, it is in between my Living room and dining room/ open kitchen. These areas are open to eachother. So I get to enjoy them all the time. It took them a little while to get used to people always being around, especially my kids!

Quote Originally Posted by flutterbug View Post
    Had a pair lay eggs twice. They were gone the next day though.
    Discus with Eggs by flutterbug79
    Beautiful!! Just lovely, well done want to see fry when you get there please!
    - Marnie
    www.bootcamprescue.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Very nice looking discus. They are a good size too, so don't worry about that!

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast