AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: October 2013 Member Spotlight - Second Hand Pat

Real Name
    Boyd

Default Re: October 2013 Member Spotlight - Second Hand Pat

really enjoyed reading this " Spotlight " article Pat. Nice to read on your History, and Intro to Discus keeping. I recall in the late 70's purchasing a few Wild Discus down in Naples, bought some books by " Jack Wattley " and had minimal success. Also growing up in the Keys, had some SW Tanks, love our Gorgonians :-) I used to snorkle off Snipes Pt. then a Hurricane wiped out most of them in that area at the time....anyway, you were one of the first members to welcome me back, and this Forum is without a doubt the best, you, and a few others are always here to help us learn,
    We Thank you :-) after reviewing your pix, gives me the itch to get more tanks, lol, beautiful pix, and again Mucho Gracia, Boyd.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Thanks Boyd, glad you enjoyed this. I vacationed in the keys as a teenager, young adult with my family. We would go down for two weeks to lobster and fish. Those were the best times, fresh seafood every day with homemade hush puppies.

It was super nice to meet you and your spouse Sunday, I enjoyed our visit and hope that heckel cross fits in well with your other wild discus.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    TONY

Wow!! What a great read. Thank you so much for the story & the pictures & your overall contributions. I've enjoyed the insight in your answers since I started here. I appreciate your time & dedication & want you to know it is well received. 31yrs on the job myself so I know a little bit about longevity & dedication. (can't wait to retire either lol lol) Keep doin what you're doin & may the angels continue to show favor. "T"
    125g Tenecor - Cardinal, Serpae, Bloodfin, Redeye, Phantom & Pristella Tetra - Ghost Shrimp - Raphael Cats - Stendker Discus
    Rena XP4, Eheim 2075, 2 A/C500, 2(250w) Ebo-Jagers / Jehmco Controller, 29g AGA-sick
    "Knowledge Gained & Not Shared Is Knowledge Lost"

Real Name
    Pat

Aw thanks T, you know companies do not value that longevity & dedication unless you are a SME or upper level manager. They want everything cheaper, faster or gone. Sort of a shame really...Yup, so looking forward to retirement.
    Pat

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Sorry it's taken so long to read your spotlight, but what a great trip down memory lane. I'm sure glad you found the resources you did back in the dark days, because it's been a lot of fun watching you come out the other side.

Thanks for everything,
    Keith
    President - North American Discus Association

Real Name
    Pat

On man Keith, what a trip it has been. You have been through it all with me you know and you have been a good friend. Thanks for being there, it has been most appreciated.
    Pat

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345