AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: The big move for the little guys...

Registered Member strawberryblonde's Avatar

Default The big move for the little guys...

Ok, today was moving day for my wee babies. My nitrite issue sorted itself out quickly, which I expected. Nitrites were holding steady at zero yesterday and again this morning. BUT, the danged fish have gotten too big for the tank!

The two largest are now just over 4", the next two have hit 4" exactly and the "baby" of the bunch is now 3.5". It's much faster growth than I expected.. an inch in just three weeks. I knew they'd have to go to the 55g soon, but I was really enjoying having them in the kitchen with me.

I got them settled in early this afternoon after giving the 55 yet another good sterilizing. Dipped my smaller sword plant just to be safe (it's been in "QT" since August since I didn't have room for it) and added that to the tank.

They're all right back to eating like piggies. I was able to lift them out by hand, so the stress was minimal on them.

I'll grab some pics of them in their new abode tomorrow night. Didn't want to turn the lights on too high for pics tonight since they've never really had tank lights before. For today they just had a small 18w flourescent and seemed ok with it.
    Toni

120g - 10
    discus, 4 cory's, 50+ Cardinals for now... give it a month and it'll change!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: The big move for the little guys...

Damn Toni, that was fast.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member strawberryblonde's Avatar

I know Pat, but since I know nothing about raising juvies, I'm just doing the best I can and feeding as often as they look hungry. They won't eat beefheart...ate it twice in the first week and now refuse it. I didn't mind that so much during the mini-cycle but I'm thinking I'm going to have to INSIST that they start eating it.
    Toni

120g - 10
    discus, 4 cory's, 50+ Cardinals for now... give it a month and it'll change!

Registered Member Madaboutdiscus's Avatar

Mine would eat nothing but bh for about the first month they were here. Theyve slowly come around and will eat fbws now and tetra bits. Love the bws but will only eat the bits if theyre forced lol. They have those to snack on during the day when im at work. They get 3 bh cubes and 1 fbw cube a day plus the bits. Its all gone within minutes.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2