ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to Sell Discus ASAP!!!!!

Default Need to Sell Discus ASAP!!!!!

As most of you know I just had to close down my Fish room due to the landlord asking for her house back. I found an apartment on the second level that I rented and moved into last weekend and was settling into. I was trying to keep my Big Tank but, Yesterday afternoon I was filling up my big tank in the living room and when I was done filling it, I saw a little leak out from the bottom part of the tank I marked it and was pumping water out of my other tanks to use the same water from this big tank and not let it go to waste. When 3 minutes later the acrylic tank exploded sending 100 gallons of water all over my living room and kitchen area. Baby crying, 6 year old on the couch asking what happened, wife coming into the kitchen saying oh **** Dog and cat jumping to get to higher ground. Neighbor from downstairs knocking on the door saying that water is coming down on her living room.

I have all the Discus in a 60 Gallon tank, needless to say they are over crowded right now. So I need to find a home for most of them right away.

you can contact me at 818-6 4 9-0 9 9 2 or wdeleon_1@yahoo.com
    Walter

NADA MEMBER

Default Re: Need to Sell Discus ASAP!!!!!

This is truly a visual experience I have always harbored and entertained in the back of my head as a worst nightmare! Wish I could help!
    Coree

Life is maintenance, happiness if flexibility,
    May you stay forever young.

Wow walter. Im so sorry for this tragedy.
    Let me know what yur selling and some pics. I got some friends who may be looking for adult discus.

Quote Originally Posted by wdeleon01 View Post
    As most of you know I just had to close down my Fish room due to the landlord asking for her house back. I found an apartment on the second level that I rented and moved into last weekend and was settling into. I was trying to keep my Big Tank but, Yesterday afternoon I was filling up my big tank in the living room and when I was done filling it, I saw a little leak out from the bottom part of the tank I marked it and was pumping water out of my other tanks to use the same water from this big tank and not let it go to waste. When 3 minutes later the acrylic tank exploded sending 100 gallons of water all over my living room and kitchen area. Baby crying, 6 year old on the couch asking what happened, wife coming into the kitchen saying oh **** Dog and cat jumping to get to higher ground. Neighbor from downstairs knocking on the door saying that water is coming down on her living room.

I have all the Discus in a 60 Gallon tank, needless to say they are over crowded right now. So I need to find a home for most of them right away.

you can contact me at 818-6 4 9-0 9 9 2 or wdeleon_1@yahoo.com
    Wow... so sorry to hear of this tragedy... I too live on the 2nd level apartment unit. This is what scares me and I made sure that my insurance cover this type of damage if this ever happens before setting up my small fish room... I hope there isn't much damage for the folks living under you...

Registered Member

I am in the valley and interested. Do you have any pictures or strain/price list?

Registered Member Madaboutdiscus's Avatar

If I lived in Cali id be at your door right now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Registered Member

I totally came across as a heartless creep trying to jump at your misfortune, I'm sorry! Your situation is my worst nightmare! I can loan you my 55 if it will help matters.

Quote Originally Posted by suzi View Post
    I totally came across as a heartless creep trying to jump at your misfortune, I'm sorry! Your situation is my worst nightmare! I can loan you my 55 if it will help matters.
    No Problem Suzi I understand. But After seeing 100 gallons of water on my living room and kitchen floor I think I need a break. Email me as in all the chaos i dont know where my charger ended up cell phone is running on red right now
    Walter

NADA MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyplants View Post
    This is truly a visual experience I have always harbored and entertained in the back of my head as a worst nightmare! Wish I could help!
    I had entertained it till it happened yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by dkeef View Post
    Wow walter. Im so sorry for this tragedy.
    Let me know what yur selling and some pics. I got some friends who may be looking for adult discus.
    David I'll be in contact with you.

Quote Originally Posted by kalelhawj View Post
    Wow... so sorry to hear of this tragedy... I too live on the 2nd level apartment unit. This is what scares me and I made sure that my insurance cover this type of damage if this ever happens before setting up my small fish room... I hope there isn't much damage for the folks living under you...
    Everything is drying up right now so im crossing my fingers that there isnt much damage other than their cable box

Quote Originally Posted by Madaboutdiscus View Post
    If I lived in Cali id be at your door right now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks.
    Walter

NADA MEMBER

So sorry ... If i'm in your neighbor ... your fish are in my tanks now ...
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by rdiscus View Post
    So sorry ... If i'm in your neighbor ... your fish are in my tanks now ...
    Thanks Ryan.
    Walter

NADA MEMBER

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

Holy crap! You know me. If there are any you really want to keep send me to me and I'll keep a 90 and put them in there and send them back when you're ready.
    -Brandon
    Discus.....The best cult I've been a part of!
    B's Bunker

Quote Originally Posted by Trier20 View Post
    Holy crap! You know me. If there are any you really want to keep send me to me and I'll keep a 90 and put them in there and send them back when you're ready.

Thanks Brandon at this time I think i'm just going to sell all of them and take a breather. It was quite a site I tell you.
    Last edited by wdeleon01; 10-14-2013 at 05:37 PM.
    Walter

NADA MEMBER

I hope that Suzi gets them because she's kind.. I've seen pics. I know the quality of the fish. From what I've seen you were able to choose from the top of the barrel. I bet that she'll be nice back to you when you're ready to get set up again.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

I'm sure all of us have a fear of this happening. Seeing your post has make it a little more of a reality to the point that I have called my homeowners insurance....
    I have sent an e-mail. Once you've had a chance to catch your breath I'd love to hear back. And again, I have a 55 that I will loan you, no strings attached. I would hate to see any fish lost.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast