AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: stocking question

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Michael

Default stocking question

I'll be finished cycling my tank in a week or so. 90 gallons. I plan on my initial discus purchase to be about 5 to 7 early adult (5 inch) from most likely Hans. I also want to eventually have about 20 cardinals and a couple of bristle nose plecos. question is which should I buy first the discus or the companions. I know whatever I get second has to go through QT. I think I know the answer, but thought I would ask

Registered Member strawberryblonde's Avatar

Default Re: stocking question

Yup yup, you probably know the answer. =)

Put the discus into the big tank first. Then QT the cardinals in a much smaller tank. Buy more than you actually want since you'll probably lose a couple to the mysterious cardinal thing. (Dunno why, they just tend to kick the bucket lol)

For the bristle nose pleco's you can ask Hans if he has any for sale. If he does, they can go straight into the tank at the same time as the discus.
    Toni

120g - 10
    discus, 4 cory's, 50+ Cardinals for now... give it a month and it'll change!

Registered Member

Default Re: stocking question

I would ask Hans the stocking question before you buy because even though you may re-buy from Hans it is considered better on SD to buy all your Discus at once. You can buy again in the future but if possible buy all at once.