ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Rio Tapajos Geophagus (Red Head)

Real Name
    Casey

Default Rio Tapajos Geophagus (Red Head)

I currently have three clutches of Rio Tapajos that i am growing out and the first will be available soon for sale. I have not decided on a price yet but i am open to fair offers. My first clutch is just about 1 inch right now and i have about 120 of them, there are at least that in each of the next two batches, if not more because of mouth-brooding success rate. They keep getting better at it.

Let me know if you are interested, i just thought i would put some feelers out there to see if anyone wants some. I am located in ventura and the fish are still at my old place with my cousin in Orange County, CA.

Real Name
    Casey

Default Re: Rio Tapajos Geophagus (Red Head)

Here are some pics of mom. Dad is gorgeous, i'll add some pics of him this weekend. I haven't been to back home, to Orange County lately. That is where i left them because i didn't want to move them in the middle of their spawns. They are under excellent care with my cousin. They should be ready in the next month. The babies are about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch. I just need to pick out a group for myself first. It is pretty difficult to count but I think there are around 125.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is the first day they were separated from mama. July 10. About 20 days into her first mouth-brooding hatch

[IMG][/IMG]

Registered Member

Default Re: Rio Tapajos Geophagus (Red Head)

I am interested if you still have some available.