This is a guy with a real job who makes fish food because he wasn't satisfied with what was being offered on the market. He has all the equipment the big guys have but on a much smaller scale. He can customize an order of a couple lbs. He just made 2 custom orders for me!

He has this new food that I am very high on. He calls it Bug. When I contacted him for details on it this is what he told me:

"Bug uses the Black Soldier Fly Larvae as its main protein source. The rest is : salmon meal ( my own processed Salmon fillets ), dehulled soybean meal, Wheat, Krill, Spirulina, Kelp, Garlic, Paprika, Baby clams, and a host of vitamins: A,B complex, C, D, E, and K. Bug [is]40% protein, 20% fat, 7% ash. Don't worry about the two grains near the top of the list. There's a good reason. I use Soybean because it's 40% protein and a good source of methionone. Wheat is a good full of good carbs and a huge source of Glutamic acid, brain food."

He making Bug right now in powered and granulated form. But has the ability to make it in pelleted or flake form. I got the granules. I was worried because the size of the granules was too big for the Discus' mouths but I needn't have worried. The granules sank to the bottom, the Discus blew on them, they softened up in the water fast and then the Discus went to town on them. Next time I order I may ask him to make them into 1.5mm pellets for me just because I like pellets.

The other food he makes that I depend on is his Teenie Greenie. It is a 1.5mm pellet. I never asked him what was in it. All I know is that the Discus gobble it up when I toss it in. I suppose I could ask him, but if the Discus like it that much it's good enough for me.

This guy is not a marketing wiz. He could use a lesson from Dan. But he DOES make excellent foods because making the best fish food is his passion. This is his lame website: http://www.captainbobsfishtales.com/?page_id=2 Neither of the products I mentioned are on it. If you want more info either contact him or PM me and I'll contact him and find out for you.