ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Will this work

Default Will this work

I have a pair of red turqs in a tank with other turqs. I see their breeding tubes have dropped. It's not the first time they have laid eggs in this tank. Every other time the eggs are eaten. They are only 4 and a half inches big. Should I put them in their own 20 gallon tank using the water and sponge filters from the tank they are in to seed the new tank?They are about 14 months old.

Default Re: Will this work

Yes that work
    Ryan

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

It would but I ask why? Is there a reason that they are only 4 1/2 inches at 14 months? Did something in their raising stunt them or are they genetically small? I know everyone has their own goals and my opinions are not necessarily held by all but I always try to only breed high quality fish. Now obviously I have never seen the fish or know their history so I might be off base but unless you can say that they are quality fish then I would not attempt to breed them.

Good luck however you go.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

I got them about 7 months ago. They were 3 and a half inches at that time. I did 50 percent water changes at that time every 3 days. Down to 50 percent wc 2 times a week. Feeding 3 times a day. They look healthy to me. Maybe if I had changed the water every day they would be bigger. I don't know.