ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Extra-terrestrial life on earth ?

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Default Re: Extra-terrestrial life on earth ?

The question was...are their RT's walking around on earth....I would say no. The question was not is there a planet somewhere that will have some sort of life on it. I answered the question asked so some of ya'll need to quit pigeon holing me....

It is a proven fact that in a trial the least reliable evidence is eye witness testimony. Why? Because people tend to see what they want to see. I remember many years ago when a grandmother was shot while working in her garden. She had on white gloves and a guy on the other side of a brush line confused her for a deer. You ask how an that possibly happen? He say the white gloves moving...he was looking for a deer....and his mind made him see a deer.

When I was younger we use to do a lot of hog hunting with dogs. Great sport by the way...anyhow we started taking out clients to make a little extra money. Walking though the woods with these people was a hoot. We would walk by a cow and they would freak out about their being a bear or wolf or bigfoot....why because their mind made them see what they wanted to see. They would be convinced of the fact...I would have to take out a flash light and walk back to the cow to show them what it was.......

The mind is a wonderful place but for the weak minded among us it can also run wild....

-john
    Last edited by John_Nicholson; 11-14-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    The question was...are their RT's walking around on earth....I would say no. The question was not is there a planet somewhere that will have some sort of life on it. I answered the question asked so some of ya'll need to quit pigeon holing me....

It is a proven fact that in a trail the least reliable evidence is eye witness testimony. Why? Because people tend to see what they want to see. I remember many years ago when I grandmother was shot while working in her garden. She had on white gloves and a guy on the other side of a brush line confused her for a deer. You ask how an that possibly happen? He say the white gloves moving...he was looking for a deer....and his mind made him see a deer.

When I was younger we use to do a lot of hog hunting with dogs. Great sport by the way...anyhow we started taking out clients to make a little extra money. Walking though the woods with these people was a hoot. We would walk by a cow and they would freak out about their being a bear or wolf or bigfoot....why because their mind made them see what they wanted to see. They would be convinced of the fact...I would have to take out a flash light and walk back to the cow to show them what it was.......

The mind is a wonderful place but for the weak minded among us it can also run wild....

-john
    I agree I probably didn't answer the question directly either. Not meant to 'pigeon hole you', I should have made it more clear from my statements that I'm open-minded to the possibilities of advanced ETs on earth, but doubtful. I think it's plausible.

On a personal level, I wish there were (but that's another philosophical discussion altogether). On an objective evalation of the available facts, I find nothing compelling enough to convince me there are. Also, from working in the areas discussed, I've seen nothing ET-like that wasn't contrived by human imagination.
    Eric

Maybe it is, we just havn't seen it yet. The stealth fighter was being tested decades before we ever saw it and they acknowledged it.

Quote Originally Posted by nc0gnet0 View Post
    IN which the nearest is 12 light years away. That means it would take them 8 years traveling at 3x the speed of light to make a trip to earth and back. So, ask yourself, why would a species so technoligical advanced that is capable of traveling 3x the speed of light need to take specimins with a needle, be-boop around in our atmosphere to observe us, and crash in the desert? Making a case for life on other planets is one thing, extrapolating that into explaining UFO's is quite another.

If the US (or any other for that matter) government had such technology, it would have already been incorporated into weapons of war. That my friend, is the human way.

-Rick

Registered Member

+1 John!

All those who like the series Ancient Aliens: I used to like that show when it began. They really talked like they knew their stuff. That was when I believed that Discovery/History/Animal Planet channels believed in Science and not entertainment. And then.... the Mermaids documentary happened, and then the Megalodon shark thingy.... Guess what.... they were made for pure TRP reasons. And then the new seasons of Ancient Aliens turned even more bizzare.... just like Giorgio A. Tsoukalos' hair!
    ~Ashish
    http://ashtricusdiscus.blogspot.com/

Discovery/AP/History lost all credibility with me with the Megalodon, Mermaids fake documentaries. I also saw one with Zombies on Discovery.

I only saw one episode of Ancient Aliens and they raised some interesting questions --- still not convincing enough to me, but at least they were exploring facts and not making them up.
    Eric

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericatdallas View Post
    Discovery/AP/History lost all credibility with me with the Megalodon, Mermaids fake documentaries. I also saw one with Zombies on Discovery.

I only saw one episode of Ancient Aliens and they raised some interesting questions --- still not convincing enough to me, but at least they were exploring facts and not making them up.
    Well.... I feel they are trying to prove their belief by interpreting the "evidence" the way they want to. A more plausible explanation would be that the knowledgeable people around the world were suppressed by the conquerors of the world.
    ~Ashish
    http://ashtricusdiscus.blogspot.com/

Television is television, programs need ratings to continue to run, so you get distorted and fictional statements which escalate the drama for the viewers and the sponsors. It like believing a politician will do what he campaigned for, each coming election he claims more but produces less and relies on hype and b.crap to capture his audience and voters.
    There is valid and credible info out there, and a whole lot of testimonies from credible well respected people in their fields and a mounting amount of evidence against the Gov. indicating they have been lying about facts all alone.

Most people "pigeon hole" people by their remarks as an accumulative, another words, by gathering statements we recognize a pattern and with that pattern we gain insights to possible behavior and tendencies. You are right John it is not an absolute but it does give rise to assumptions.
    But I hate assumptions so you have my apology.

I don't know about that I think some of my neighbors are from outer space, and totally clueless.
    Last edited by dirtyplants; 11-14-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    Coree

Life is maintenance, happiness if flexibility,
    May you stay forever young.

Quote Originally Posted by ashtricks View Post
    Well.... I feel they are trying to prove their belief by interpreting the "evidence" the way they want to. A more plausible explanation would be that the knowledgeable people around the world were suppressed by the conquerors of the world.
    I also believe that's part of the reason, hence why I don't think it's convincing enough. The technology and knowledge just isn't so unusual as to make it impossible to exist back then. However, it is different enough to make it notable.

But even if Alien's did visit and give us technology, no one really answers the 'why' very well. I think on the episode of Ancient Aliens I saw, they said they pyramids may have been used to make rocket fuel on a large-scale. Okay, at least that's a start... I guess.
    Eric

Jellyfish are just freaks of nature. Does that make them ET? Lol

Never unstood them, got stung by one, can't see how they think as you never really see a brain in their clear bodies. Maybe a million years ago some ET's said we don't want them, here earth, you try and figure them out.
    DiscusLoverJeff

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
    Confucius

Registered Member

trillions and trillions of planets in this universe...our planet is just a spec of sand from all the beach sands on earth. i think its highly possible there's another planet like ours if not better somewhere out there and we will likely never know or discover it since its so far away. also ancient times like cavemen people and egyptians has drawn pictures in their caves and pyramids of alien ships. they draw what they see back then since they didnt have tv.

also all these ufo sighting on earth can only be 2 things.

1. they are indeed real ufo

2. they are super high tech classified objects made by the government. so imagine what else the government is hiding from the public.
    Last edited by nikond70s; 11-14-2013 at 02:26 PM.

also ancient times like cavemen people and egyptians has drawn pictures in their caves and pyramids of alien ships. they draw what they see back then since they didnt have tv.
    Could also be some great visionary of that time, maybe a dream, or a caveman into writing SiFi It is curious though that pictograms do include beings from the sky.
    Coree

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyplants View Post
    Could also be some great visionary of that time, maybe a dream, or a caveman into writing SiFi It is curious though that pictograms do include beings from the sky.

You forgot about good ditch weed or mushrooms.
    President - North American Discus Association

If ET's are here, why are they here, what are they doing here, or wanting to accomplish, and how are they dealing with it ? There are many other questions in this regard. There are many interesting theories being put forth by very intelligent, credible, sane, learned people who have been researching the UFO matter for many years, and who raise some quite plausible explanations - speculative of course - but some seem to make sense on an objective level.
    I'm awaiting receipt of Jim Marrs book - Alien Agenda - and looking forward to reading what his thoughts are. Has anyone read this book yet ?
    Last edited by discuspaul; 11-14-2013 at 03:00 PM.

You forgot about good ditch weed or mushrooms.
    yeha Keith! What is a world with out ditch weed or mushrooms!

If ET's are here, why are they here, what are they doing here, or wanting to accomplish, and how are they dealing with it ? There are many other questions in this regard.
    Theses are vast questions an assuming there is some truth to the why they are here statement, then perhaps we should try to answer the question of why are we here first. Or maybe take the time machine back more to the beginning, maybe, just maybe, they were here first?
    Coree

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericatdallas View Post

Are you saying mermaids aren't real. Haha just kidding

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast