ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Allwin's Fish Room!!!

Default Re: Allwin's Fish Room!!!

looking for a dehumidifier. The plastic idea is something to consider as well. r u using any such plastic?

Quote Originally Posted by DLock3d View Post
    Might think about covering those ceiling tiles in a clear plastic so you don't get mold or condensation on them. Might also look into getting a dehumidifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Allwin View Post
    And the rack building in progress, thanks Saykham for your time and teaching the rack building tricks
    Glad I can help buddy... Hopefully you learn enough from that first rack built to finish the rest. If I have more free weekend I will help as I can. Looking froward to see this finished. Love how the rack turn out. It's one I would build for my future fish room too.

Nick Klimkowski

it is looking good, i am jealous, i will be starting construction on my new fish room in few weeks i have been planing it out for about a year now. keep the pics comming!

-Nick

Real Name
    Wes

I thought, getting power from different plug point will be fine. Do u have any suggestions?
    The best way is to run 2 sole use circuits to the fish room. If not doable find a outlet on a different circuit breaker and run a heavy duty extention cord to feed some of the heaters. Don't use the sump pump circuit.
    Thank u to all guys and girls for all your help and hard work at NADA Chicago 2016 [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You can apply coat semigloss paint?
    Jorge Giron

looking for a dehumidifier. The plastic idea is something to consider as well. r u using any such plastic?
    Check Best Buy for the dehumidifier. I know it sounds weird but that's where I found the best deal. I don't have the plastic because I don't have ceiling tiles that are porous. Mine would be a bit more complicated but it's just a flat ceiling with a coat of paint. My dehumidifier doubles as a heater too so expect that room to be very warm. I close the AC vent off and shut the door to keep the heat trapped inside. In the winter I have to empty it at least once a day. In the summer it's not quite as bad.
    - Dan

Check Best Buy for the dehumidifier. I know it sounds weird but that's where I found the best deal. I don't have the plastic because I don't have ceiling tiles that are porous. Mine would be a bit more complicated but it's just a flat ceiling with a coat of paint. My dehumidifier doubles as a heater too so expect that room to be very warm. I close the AC vent off and shut the door to keep the heat trapped inside. In the winter I have to empty it at least once a day. In the summer it's not quite as bad.
    If that dehumidifier can be set a a set temp then there's no need for a heaters in each tank. You can have a sect room temp at 82-84 degree plus it's removing moisture from the air...

I've never seen the option to set a temperature. I said it doubled as a heater because it heats up the room just from running constantly.
    - Dan

Real Name
    Wes

Some dehumidifiers you can take out the collecting pan and put a piece of hose on it. Allwin since the sump pump room is right there. Have it go into the sump pump tank and you don't have to empty the water.
    Thank u to all guys and girls for all your help and hard work at NADA Chicago 2016 [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

Quote Originally Posted by xeriod View Post
    Some dehumidifiers you can take out the collecting pan and put a piece of hose on it. Allwin since the sump pump room is right there. Have it go into the sump pump tank and you don't have to empty the water.
    pretty much what I do. I just run my hose to the main drain in my basement.
    -Brandon
    Discus.....The best cult I've been a part of!
    B's Bunker

Registered Member

Don't know about u guys but think dehumidifier uses too much power I'll rather use the Panasonic bathroom vent and I think heating a room to 82-84 degrees isn't comfortable to be in room I'll rather have room heat to maybe highest 70-72 degrees and have heater in each tank to do rest

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Allwin this is very exciting stuff thats going to make a great fish room. The rack that was built just needs a little extra bracing for safe measure. Cant wait to see more…..Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Found some time today after a busy week and trying to finish the remaining work. Halfway, torque got reduced in the drill and put on charge now

Quote Originally Posted by kalelhawj View Post
    If that dehumidifier can be set a a set temp then there's no need for a heaters in each tank. You can have a sect room temp at 82-84 degree plus it's removing moisture from the air...

Sure, thanks for the input will be considering heavy duty extension cord.

Quote Originally Posted by xeriod View Post
    The best way is to run 2 sole use circuits to the fish room. If not doable find a outlet on a different circuit breaker and run a heavy duty extention cord to feed some of the heaters. Don't use the sump pump circuit.

Found a 70pint GE DH on craigslist, so thought of getting that.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast