ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Allwin's Fish Room!!!

Default Re: Allwin's Fish Room!!!

Wes, thats the plan too.. Gathering together one by one. Initial setup is time consuming for sure, small small things piling up all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by xeriod View Post
    Some dehumidifiers you can take out the collecting pan and put a piece of hose on it. Allwin since the sump pump room is right there. Have it go into the sump pump tank and you don't have to empty the water.

Just googling it, whether it helps removing the moisture as dehumidifier does? And how challenging to fit in a room?

Quote Originally Posted by discus510 View Post
    Don't know about u guys but think dehumidifier uses too much power I'll rather use the Panasonic bathroom vent and I think heating a room to 82-84 degrees isn't comfortable to be in room I'll rather have room heat to maybe highest 70-72 degrees and have heater in each tank to do rest

Brandon, just got the float switch and need to fix it. It can be bit stress free while filling the barrel. I used to bother my wife whenever i flood the floor, hope she will be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Trier20 View Post
    pretty much what I do. I just run my hose to the main drain in my basement.

Thanks Josie, will add some braces.. Busy 2 weeks, wanna visit ur facility for some BH..

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoDiscus View Post
    Allwin this is very exciting stuff thats going to make a great fish room. The rack that was built just needs a little extra bracing for safe measure. Cant wait to see more…..Josie

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allwin View Post
    Thanks Josie, will add some braces.. Busy 2 weeks, wanna visit ur facility for some BH..
    I'm making beefheart in the morning so it will be nice and fresh.
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

Brandon, just got the float switch and need to fix it. It can be bit stress free while filling the barrel. I used to bother my wife whenever i flood the floor, hope she will be happy
    Hope the pictures let you see enough to have an idea about what to do. It's a load off your mind knowing that you're not going to flood the house once it's in and working. Especially when the wife is happier!
    -Brandon
    Discus.....The best cult I've been a part of!
    B's Bunker

Thanks to Petco Santa!!!

Nice... Post some pictures of them on the rack when it's all installed and running.... I might pickup another 29 gallon for one more breeding pair to go in...

Had a busy last couple of weeks, so the installation are very slow. Why are you opting for 29G instead of 20G? Petco has the 1$ per gallon sale going on now..

q
    Had a busy last couple of weeks, so the installation are very slow. Why are you opting for 29G instead of 20G? Petco has the 1$ per gallon sale going on now..
    I'm planning on using the 29 gallon so I can section 1/4 of the tank with poret foam. That 1/4 section of the tank will be where I put the heater, sponge filter, UV, and AC70 running full blast without causing lots of water flow in the breeding section, while still getting the water filter. Also fry will have easier time attaching to the parents without all other things in the breeding section. I don't know if this will work but it's just something I want to try and see if it will work as well as I think it will..
    Last edited by Kal-El; 12-26-2013 at 06:06 PM.

New S attempts are always good to know and good luck on it.. But the poop from the parents on the other side still needs the manual cleaning right and whether the wrigglers are big enough compared to pores in the poret foam? Still, moving heater/uv/sponge filter gives clean spawning site..

Quote Originally Posted by kalelhawj View Post
    q

I'm planning on using the 29 gallon so I can section 1/4 of the tank with poret foam. That 1/4 section of the tank will be where I put the heater, sponge filter, UV, and AC70 running full blast without causing lots of water flow in the breeding section, while still getting the water filter. Also fry will have easier time attaching to the parents without all other things in the breeding section. I don't know if this will work but it's just something I want to try and see if it will work as well as I think it will..
    Last edited by Allwin; 12-26-2013 at 06:12 PM.

New S attempts are always good to know and good luck on it.. But the poop from the parents on the other side still needs the manual cleaning right and whether the wrigglers are big enough compared to pores in the poret foam? Still, moving heater/uv/sponge filter gives clean spawning site..
    You are right. The feces will still be there and that's why I plan to clean that section normally as I always do. The idea is to have full filtration going on the tank without creating a lot of water current in the breeding/spawning section. I actually have this setup in my 20H with no issue. Fry had easier time to attached and I can move the poret foam to limit the amount of space for the free swimmer to find the parents. I end up doing this because my female continues to eat the fry. I was only able to save 8 fry that is currently attached to the male for a week now, while the female is on the other side.

Real Name
    Mike

What's the brand of those tanks and are you going to drill them? Let me know because I plan to drill my 55's but I wasn't sure about tempered walls.

Thanks to Petco Santa!!!

They are tetra brand, no plans to drill them.

Quote Originally Posted by White Worm View Post
    What's the brand of those tanks and are you going to drill them? Let me know because I plan to drill my 55's but I wasn't sure about tempered walls.

Real Name
    Mike

Same as mine. I've heard they can be drilled if plans change.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast