Sorry I have been away so long. Thanks humjav and Jastaabs.

I need to post new videos of the tank and fish now. I want to share with all of you that now that my tank has stabilized the fish and plants are doing great. With the way the filtration is set up I have not had to do any water changes since I filled it in November 2013. I realize there are those out there that think this is horrible but understand my water quality is very good. Between the EcoBak pellets I have in my filtration and the plants, I have no measurable nitrate. I do use a diatom filter to help remove any dissolved solids that might accumulate. Even that has been reduced over the last month and a half. I feed the tank at least 3 times a day. All of the discus are eating PE mysis and bloodworms. Some eat tetra bits, many graze the rocks eating different water bugs. I can't see them but they have to be there. Some were eating FDBW rehydrated in the bloodworm juice but I noticed, just before we went out if town, 3 had stopped eating. I decided to use straight bloodworms instead of the mix and the 3 started eating normally. I have not tried to reintroduce the blackworms. I am not saying the blackworms were bad in any way, most were eating them fine, I just felt for the time being it as easier to leave them out with me not here to monitor the eating.

I started off with 20 discus and still have 19 of the original discus. Punkin, the discus that has trouble eating has been in the fish room for months and now is eating mysis which he can catch in the water column. He still can only eat bloodworms from the bottom. Some have grow a lot others not as much. I feel their growth would be better if they would eat the high protein dry foods that are available.

Everyone that comes in our home is blown away by this aquarium. Any pictures or video I have done do not do it justice.

On another note, my husband and I have decided to relocate to Panama so the chronicle of this tank will come to a close in the near future. I am not sure what the new owners will do with the tank but I will try to find new homes for the discus to keep them from going to someone who might not have the skill set to take care of this type of fish. I will post that information in the appropriate forum when the time comes.

As I said in the beginning I will try to post a new video soon.

Pam