ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: SO HAPPY "First Discus Spawn"

Default Re: SO HAPPY "First Discus Spawn"

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE TO ALL!!!
    I Just wanted to take this time to wish ALL of you a VERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS without you I would have nothing but a CLOUDY,MURKY, PARASITE FILLED TANK along with nothing but sideways swimming unhealthy fish I truly thank each and everyone of you for making this hobby successful and fun and I mean it from the bottom of my heart! !! Thanky you JOHN, PAT, YIM, NC0GNET0, and whoever has helped as well who I forgot to mention

sent from my Galaxy S4

Is this anything to worry about its white...does this indicate parasites they r eating just fine and nothing out of the ordinary from what I can see

sent from my Galaxy S4

If its floating,I dont know,if its attached to the glass,hard to tell from pic,could be planaria.Not harmful to the fish get them from over-feedind,waste in the water.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Thank you for responding. ..and yes I do infact power feed 4 times a day 7am,12noon,4pm &9pm each feeding is high quality flake food however I like to substitute 1 or 2 of those feedings with either live black worms, frozen beef heart or frozen blood worms my discus are currently spawning and VERY GOOD EATERS... it does not float and not even sure if its even from the discus I have a community tank thanks for your help hope this is the info your looking for...let me know your thoughts

sent from my Galaxy S4

There's alot to go thru on this thread,but if they are not juvies,and your no longer growing them out,you dont have to feed them so often.I only feed my adults when I leave for work and when I get home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Not planeria is.. too big

Looks like the empty casing for fecal matter.. its a sign of a sick fish.. is one not eating?
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

First is it alive? Second the pic is difficult to get any perspective of where it is at or what it is on, if you have plants it could even be a part of a broken root. Can you take it out and look at it?
    Coree

Life is maintenance, happiness if flexibility,
    May you stay forever young.

Real Name
    Dave Becker

[QUOTE=lx2077;1053991]MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE TO ALL!!!
    I Just wanted to take this time to wish ALL of you a VERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS without you I would have nothing but a CLOUDY,MURKY, PARASITE FILLED TANK along with nothing but sideways swimming unhealthy fish I truly thank each and everyone of you for making this hobby successful and fun and I mean it from the bottom of my heart! !! Thanky you JOHN, PAT, YIM, NC0GNET0, and whoever has helped as well who I forgot to mention

Great thread---thanks for starting it. I have one proven pair that have spawned about 6 times. I've had free swimming fry several times and the
    last batch lasted a week before something happened. It really takes patience!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Not planeria is.. too big

Looks like the empty casing for fecal matter.. its a sign of a sick fish.. is one not eating?
    Lol...I was looking at the flecks in the water,I didnt even notice the "white worm".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Sup guys...bobby discus is now in Hershey PA W/ the family for a couple of days and my discus r all by themselves and its spawning day lol now they will have some privacy! !! I did a n9ce fresh 75% WC left 1 side 9f the tank lights on so they can go to bed when they choose and I gave 5hem a nice healthy LIVE feeding this morning I turn3d the automatic feeder OFF as per Johns instructions I am now extremely drunk..."merry christmas" and getting yelled at by my wife for constantly being on the forum. ..lol well just wanted to check in with u guys talk to you later...who knows I might come home to wigglers and believe me if I do trust me U WILL KNOW LOL..

sent from my Galaxy S4

Hey guys...I am getting very frustrated my pair is just about a full week behind on spawning...they were on a 7/8 day schedule and ever since there last spawn it seems something happened to spook them out of breading I really miss watching them protect the eggs and whatch them fan them and I feel its all over...my water is Perfect...im feeding live blackworms...and doing water changes whats going on?

sent from my Galaxy S4

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213