Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Websites to buy discus

My biggest fish

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by CozyKeith View Post
    If you like your fish from somethingsphishy, I can see why you don't like Hans fish. Quite a difference between the two.
    + 1,000,000

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by amb3rgarcia View Post
    I only have a couple from there small babies really. I usually order from a salt water fish store by my house for my others. I don't understand why everyone is ASSUMING I know nothing about the hobby just bc I asked where are good places to order from bc I wanted some really good ones. It makes me nervous to order online bc I can't see them for my self to be able to judge and you don't get a lot of info on the fish from a still picture. I see these pics of discus from over seas and those are the ones I want but shipping is crazy expensive. My main question was to get people's opinion on what websites have great fish with pictures of the actual animal And not what they want u to think ur buying then they send u crap. But ppl on here have a way of turning simple questions in to bashing and making u feel stupid. I'd love to by from anyone with great fish and a great rep. Yes I have seen these websites before but I can't make a decision without feed back. It's good to hear from ppl who have actually used these breeders and what their experience was

When I started I made the same mistake and ordered from a couple of the online places with nice pictures, somethingsphishy and rainforrest tropicals or whatever and they were both crap, horrible quality fish. I learned the hard way as I suspect you will to but trust me you are not going to find any better quality fish than a sponsor on this site, better yet try and see if there is any members on here in your area that breed and sell either way you will be much better off. There is nothing wrong with going through growing pains and the learnng curve but why make it ever harder with bad fish to start? Hope this helps. I would send you a picture of all the crappy fish that I got from those places vs the ones that I have now from local breeders and Hans but they all died...
    Last edited by jsullins; 01-09-2014 at 07:21 AM.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    The learning curve begins........

-john
    been there done that and am still doing that!

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by amb3rgarcia View Post
    I only have a couple from there small babies really. I usually order from a salt water fish store by my house for my others. I don't understand why everyone is ASSUMING I know nothing about the hobby just bc I asked where are good places to order from bc I wanted some really good ones. It makes me nervous to order online bc I can't see them for my self to be able to judge and you don't get a lot of info on the fish from a still picture. I see these pics of discus from over seas and those are the ones I want but shipping is crazy expensive. My main question was to get people's opinion on what websites have great fish with pictures of the actual animal And not what they want u to think ur buying then they send u crap. But ppl on here have a way of turning simple questions in to bashing and making u feel stupid. I'd love to by from anyone with great fish and a great rep. Yes I have seen these websites before but I can't make a decision without feed back. It's good to hear from ppl who have actually used these breeders and what their experience was

The location you purchased fish from is notorious. Not only do you not get the fish in the picture, as you've apparently experienced but you don't even always get the type you ordered. They've got names of types no one here has ever heard of, but it helps them sell apparently. One quick look in the review section will tell you all this and more in painful detail. When you say you're happy with the fish you got but are nervous buying from Hans it just sort of set the stage for reactions like mine.

If you want to see actual pictures of fish being sold perhaps check out Kenny's Discus. Hans I believe will send photographs, but you have to be patient as it's not going to happen in an hour.
    President - North American Discus Association

Quote Originally Posted by CozyKeith View Post
    The location you purchased fish from is notorious. Not only do you not get the fish in the picture, as you've apparently experienced but you don't even always get the type you ordered. They've got names of types no one here has ever heard of, but it helps them sell apparently. One quick look in the review section will tell you all this and more in painful detail. When you say you're happy with the fish you got but are nervous buying from Hans it just sort of set the stage for reactions like mine.

If you want to see actual pictures of fish being sold perhaps check out Kenny's Discus. Hans I believe will send photographs, but you have to be patient as it's not going to happen in an hour.

I by no means think they are the best or even that great but they aren't sick I quarantined then and I can keep them healthy at least they aren't gonna be tortured but that place any more. But they are fine. I do however want much much better ones. Which was the whole purpose of this post I know 1000% these are not top of the line fish. Which is why I bought what I bought but won't be buying again. They were good starter fish I guess to work out the kinks had there been any. But now I'm look for the top of the line. The first one my husband bought from a lfs that looking at him I said nooooooo way and he proved me right the thing died and just had horrible color from the beginning. But now I need The best

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

The sponsors here have the best selection and quality fish by far, it's mostly a question of personal preference. I really like Kenny's fish, others like Hans, and the list goes on. Some home breeders also have very nice fish, but selection is usually limited. Happy shopping.
    President - North American Discus Association

Lady A

Buy them from Kenny's and you won't regret. May I suggest you to at least change your substrate to white sand? What you have now is too dark to bring out the fish colors. Better if you keep your young fish in bare bottom tank. Regards.
    Hi, my name is Saltz.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    No.. I have bought from them in past.. much better options with other more active as sponsors...
    I bought about 6 from them, and yes, most of them died. I still have a couple.
    Look them up in the BBB. They are NOT certified by them as they have refused to answer their complaints.
    Note: you can even see his house on "google"!

Better to go and choose in person.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Just go to www.discusfishstore.com there you see pictures of what approx. to expect.

We normal have about 2,000+ Discus in stock, hard to make picture of each one.

If you're afraid to order online read this: http://discusfishstore.com/catalog/reviews.php
    and we don't delete or change bad reviews, so all of these are real.

And NO not all Discus will be the same, we sell Discus, not computer chips lol

Hans

PS. the BBB is a joke, is there ANYBODY looking at this before you buy a Discus???? (I wish they did lol)
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Been down that road with that other online place that sell "discus". Please listen to people here and you can't go wrong my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123