AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Websites to buy discus

Default Re: Websites to buy discus

Quote Originally Posted by OC Discus View Post
    Try this link. The website says they have 2.5" snakeskins and checkerboards, but I'm not sure if it is accurate.

http://www.houstonaquariumwarehouse....-discus-detail
    No.. I have bought from them in past.. much better options with other more active as sponsors...
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

I was looking at the Houston one and some of the pics had fish with bad fins. If those are the ones they would post online I'd hate to see what arrived at my door step

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Tony is really honest to buy Discus from and he post photos of the fish he is selling.

http://www.sunrisetropicals.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunri...12258652137495
    George

Quote Originally Posted by amb3rgarcia View Post
    I've bought from somethingsphishy and they were healthy and I qt them for 2 weeks they are doing really good. I got a royal purple from there that doesn't look royal purple it looks brown with turquoise but this could be bc he's very small only 2 inch I don't expect his color to show this early. I also got a dragon who looks very awesome. I ordered a turquoise that died bc there was a snow storm and his arrival was delayed. They shipped me a new one free of charge but when I got it it looks like a blue diamond no markings he's very beautiful depending on the angle ur looking at him he looks blue sky blue or purple with beautiful fins. I ordered a 2 in he was more like 3 in but I'm not complaining.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...omethingphishy
    Eric

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

The learning curve begins........

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by amb3rgarcia View Post
    What are some good websites to purchase 2 in discus

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    The learning curve begins........

-john
    amb3rgarcia, as John suggests you are heading full stream into a world of hurt. I would suggest taking a deep breath, slow down and learn about these wonderful fish. Simply Discus has a ton of information to set you up for success. If you read the livestock reports on the venders you have already purchase discus from you will find many people have had less then desirable results. Also look through the sponsor section at some of the pictures of the fish sold here and compare them to what is swimming in your tank.

Start with the sticky's in the beginner section, ask questions as you go and enjoy the journey. Trying very hard here to save you some money and keep you out of the disease section.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

It be interesting to see pictures of yor fish

Sent from unknown places

Kenny takes pictures of his fish and posts it in the forums. Mike (Central Ohio Discus) does as well. I haven't bought from Kenny but I have bought from Mike. Fish are awesome and both are great guys to talk to about Discus.

however, if you're learning and plan on buying cheap fish I would recommend buying locally from a hobbyist.

1) Cheaper (for when they die or don't come out as you plan, it doesn't sting as much)
    2) Knowledgeable source at hand

When I started I bought $10/discus at 2" each. They died (my fault). I bought some more and grew them out. They came out okay, but poor genetics. I then advanced and bought more expensive fish from Mike, but definitely better quality. They were still smaller fish but grew out much better than what I did from --that-- local breeder.

Not to discount local breeders though... especially some of the longtime and more experienced members here.

But I understand what it's like to start out in the hobby AND not want to spend too much money. Eventually though, once you learn, you'll start to appreciate things about Discus you hadn't noticed when you started.
    Eric

Everyone fish seller a local fish store to someone. We should clarify that lfs means petco, petsmart, and similar stores with inexperienced employees and low quality fish. Some "local" fish stores actually have knowledgeable employees and quality fish. Kenny is local for some people. Most large cities have a couple of high level local fish stores.

Quote Originally Posted by OC Discus View Post
    Everyone fish seller a local fish store to someone. We should clarify that lfs means petco, petsmart, and similar stores with inexperienced employees and low quality fish. Some "local" fish stores actually have knowledgeable employees and quality fish. Kenny is local for some people. Most large cities have a couple of high level local fish stores.
    Yea..never seen difference. . If it looks like lfs.. quacks like lfs.. its lfs
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Real Name
    Tim Allen

Mike beals deals Jeffrey yang FTZ over their that would be my 1st choice
    Thanks Timmy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Follow me on FaceBook Time Bomb Discus
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/213399702163350/
    Or all enquiries timebombdiscus@outlook.com.au

Real Name
    Discus Hans

I don't even want you to buy from me if you mix them with the somethingstinkyfishy crap lol lol

Good luck in the hobby,

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post
    I don't even want you to buy from me if you mix them with the somethingstinkyfishy crap lol lol

Good luck in the hobby,

Hans

I only have a couple from there small babies really. I usually order from a salt water fish store by my house for my others. I don't understand why everyone is ASSUMING I know nothing about the hobby just bc I asked where are good places to order from bc I wanted some really good ones. It makes me nervous to order online bc I can't see them for my self to be able to judge and you don't get a lot of info on the fish from a still picture. I see these pics of discus from over seas and those are the ones I want but shipping is crazy expensive. My main question was to get people's opinion on what websites have great fish with pictures of the actual animal And not what they want u to think ur buying then they send u crap. But ppl on here have a way of turning simple questions in to bashing and making u feel stupid. I'd love to by from anyone with great fish and a great rep. Yes I have seen these websites before but I can't make a decision without feed back. It's good to hear from ppl who have actually used these breeders and what their experience was

Last edited by amb3rgarcia; 01-09-2014 at 05:42 AM.

My 2 from somethingsphishy when I introduced them to the main tank I'll take more pics

Attached Images Attached Images

My biggest fish

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast