ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plumbing is Complete!

Default Re: Plumbing is Complete!

Hey Jeff,missed this thread.I know I talked to you while you were doing it.Looks great in the pics.You better be at Keiths,looks like Im going to have a delivery for you.She's not cooperating,so I belive he wants to head north.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Lol. Ok Bill. Thanks.
    DiscusLoverJeff

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
    Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by twocat View Post
    Jeff I wounder if after you use this on a tank and turned the red shut off knob off if there would be enough water trapped in the line (between the tank and shut off valve) that would create enough suction to drain the tank without the use of the pump.

Could you try this and let me know the answer?

Mark
    Hi Mark,

I ran one of the tanks open with the valve open and the shut off valve on the pump open and yes, gravity feed is working. However; with the pump on, it pulled the water faster. So it can be done either way.

Also, I noticed that when you open the valve to drain one tank and then a second and third, you will have to open the valves after the first one starts until the lines coming out of the tank are full. I drained 4 tanks ( 2 -20 gals, a 37 gal and a 55) and filled in 28 minutes. Running my fill pump to each tank I put that and my drain pump on wireless remotes.

http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity%C2%AE...xp_grid_pt_2_0

I can take the pump for filling and set in the storage barrels, run the hose to the tank to be filled, hit the button on the remote and it fills. When tank is full, turn off pump, move hose to next tank and same process. I don't have to keep running to unplug the pumps every time I want them to stop. This has simplified my work by 50% so far. Thanks Bud for the tip on the remote outlets!
    DiscusLoverJeff

Confucius

Registered Member

How big is your storage barrel and how many gallons of water do you change a night?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by twocat View Post
    How big is your storage barrel and how many gallons of water do you change a night?

Mark
    Mark,

I have 2 - 34 gallon storage barrels for RO water, 1 - 34 gal for RO/Tap and 1 - 44 gal for Tap. I change between 50 to 100 gals nightly and on the weekends I can do between 200 and 250 gals. I have 1 150 gpd RO unit and 1 75 gpd. I also installed a cold water faucet right next to my Tap water barrel.
    DiscusLoverJeff

Confucius

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123