AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 100 Gal Build

Default 100 Gal Build

I bought a 100 gallon tank after Christmas and was planning on setting it up in early spring. Well on Tuesday, it was a beautiful day outside and I wanted to do something in the sunny 36 degree day here in Ohio haha. I thought there would be nothing better than to go outside and start on the stand. So, that is exactly what I did. I began working on the stand and had to bring it inside to continue working on it, since the temps are now in the 20's. This build will still take a few month to complete, but I wanted to get started sooner than later and keep an update on here. I will post pics soon of the build, just bare with me. I have 3 children 5 and under, in my last semester of nursing school, work and being a husband if I have time left lol. The fish I have right now that will be going in are from Hans and Kenny

Hans
    1 Blue Pigion blood
    1 Blue Diamond
    1 Flachen Snakeskin

Kenny
    1 Type II Raff
    1 Checkerboard Turq
    1 Albino SS/Turk

I will be buying more in the near future and am excited about this build. I am also planning on joining the Homesteader and will start a thread on there too.
    Sean

Default Re: 100 Gal Build

Wow, it took me longer to figure out how to upload these photos from photobucket than it did to build the stand. Anyways, here is some pics of the stand I started. My daughters decided that they wanted to help and is probably why the build is on track. I am getting ready to do the trim work today before I go into work. I will post more pics then. I am hoping to get the tank up and cycling within the next two weeks. I am waiting for Ken's fish to get more Hydor 300w inline heaters.

A warm 36 degree day last Tuesday

My daughter's helping out!

Here I am as of last night. The Forty Niners up set me, so I decided to build the face of the cabinet. Headed to Lowe's now to get more lumber.
    Sean

Real Name
    Wes

Great job Sean and its always good to have helpers. Looks like you faced it with poplar so paint or are you going to stain it?
    Thank u to all guys and girls for all your help and hard work at NADA Chicago 2016 [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick Klimkowski

Looks good keep up the good work.

Thanks guys. Wes, I will be staining it. Not sure on the color yet. My tables down there are black, so I may go that rout or a cherry.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    Sean

Real Name
    Wes

How are the doors coming along? I built a stand for my 120 two years ago and never got around to making doors yet. Good thing its in the fish room.
    Thank u to all guys and girls for all your help and hard work at NADA Chicago 2016 [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Haha funny you mentioned that. I made a door for one of my 55 stands and never attached it. Lol that's laziness. I will make those soon. I bought the rest of the material today. I put the 1x4 poplar base on today. Tomorrow I will pit on the rosett and flute along the ends. Hopefully I will get to the doors after that.

Sean

I'm getting my shipment from Kenny Friday. So, I may have to change gears after tomorrow and get thing situated for those bad boys.

Sean

Real Name
    Wes

Looking forward to seeing the pics of it finished and full of fish. Btw the stands do good job of holding the tank with or without doors.

Very nice Sean, looking forward on ur finished setup..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Allwin

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the pics of it finished and full of fish. Btw the stands do good job of holding the tank with or without doors.
    Yes it does, its done the job for 3 years!
    Sean

Thanks Allwin. Here is some updates today. Got it all trimmed out now. All I have to do is stain and varnish it and make some doors. Hope to get that going by the end of the week.

This is where I STAND as of now. I am leaning towards a cherry stain. Was thinking black like my others, but I feel it will take away from the detail. Thanks again everybody for you kind comments. Now, it's time to do maintenance on the grow out tanks and prep my 40 gal for Kenny's shipment for Friday a.m. I will post pics of them too when they get here.
    Sean

Very nice stand. Cherry sounds better than black.
    DiscusLoverJeff

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
    Confucius

Thanks Jeff. And you're right, cherry is a better option.

Sean

I got it all stained and varnished this weekend and the stand is in the room. Got to wait for somebody to help me get the tank out of the garage and into the basement. I will work on the doors once the weather warms up. I got to use the table saw to make some raised panel doors. But, at least for now, I can at least get it cycling. I will be relocating that grow out tank too.

Sean

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast