AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MWDH meeting

Default Re: MWDA meeting

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    Glad ya'll had fun.....Ya'll ever thought about having a NADA show up that way?

-john
    I think John that it was actually decided last night that this is a real group.Keiths the one that has kept it alive, most get togethers were only 4-5 people at best with the D-for discus being substituted for "drinking".But this summer had a little bigger group at Jeffs,and this time 14 people at Keiths.Actually did more fish club things,had a group buy of Al's fdbw,some fish trading and selling,and Brandon gave a presentation on how to ship fish.
    So what I geuss Im saying is baby steps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Hey Wes, how did you know I lived in Corona, all mafia there, and you saved your knee caps!
    Coree

Life is maintenance, happiness if flexibility,
    May you stay forever young.

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by Bill63SG View Post
    I think John that it was actually decided last night that this is a real group.Keiths the one that has kept it alive, most get togethers were only 4-5 people at best with the D-for discus being substituted for "drinking". But this summer had a little bigger group at Jeff's,and this time 14 people at Keith's. Actually did more fish club things,had a group buy of Al's fdbw, some fish trading and selling, and Brandon gave a presentation on how to ship fish.
    So what I guess I'm saying is baby steps.
    Bill I'd say all 4 of the "founding members" kept the group alive, but I'll take credit for taking the attendance up a notch with the new Madison contingent this time around. Thanks Dawn, Ben, Jim, and Grace for gracing us with your presence...and for working with Brandon. Thanks to you Bill for hauling the mafia up here, and thanks to all the new folks that came by. It was an awesome afternoon/evening.
    President - North American Discus Association

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Well the NADA show in Dallas was mainly just JIm, Jerry, and myself. The one in Austin will probably just hve a core of 4 or 5. You always have other people to help but the core does not have to be very large. I hope to see all of ya'll down here in June. We can talk about what it takes and give you some behind the scene stuff...LOL.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by CozyKeith View Post
    Bill I'd say all 4 of the "founding members" kept the group alive, but I'll take credit for taking the attendance up a notch with the new Madison contingent this time around. Thanks Dawn, Ben, Jim, and Grace for gracing us with your presence...and for working with Brandon. Thanks to you Bill for hauling the mafia up here, and thanks to all the new folks that came by. It was an awesome afternoon/evening.

The mafia is ready to roll when the next meet is called... lol... We look forward to help this group advance to the next step. Make it fun and learn/share with everyone... Perhaps ultimately one day we are able to bring in NADA to Chicago.

Real Name
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyplants View Post
    Hey Wes, how did you know I lived in Corona, all mafia there, and you saved your knee caps!
    Glad I got a reprieve Coree. It would of been hard doing water changes wearing my disguise.

Thank u to all guys and girls for all your help and hard work at NADA Chicago 2016 [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LOL I would have taken him for parasite, good to know I did not have to medicate!
    Coree

Real Name
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyplants View Post
    LOL I would have taken him for parasite, good to know I did not have to medicate!
    Only clean fresh water needed
    Thank u to all guys and girls for all your help and hard work at NADA Chicago 2016 [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Glad I got a reprieve Coree. It would of been hard doing water changes wearing my disguise.

I dont know,looks like you could still sleep with the fishes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Guys I got from Tim look like they aprove of thier new surroundings.
    [IMG][/IMG
    These guys were showing them how its done.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Glad to see they like there new home.

Real Name
    CozyKeith

As you all know I was trying to clear out a few unnecessary things, well that didn't seem to work out to well. It appears my stock of plastic airstones grew, I see a couple "new" buckets sitting around, and there are a couple strange lids here now too. Add to that that I bought another heater from Brandon and net net I probably added to my inventory.

Ben & I had a great time with you all yesterday...really friendly group. I'm sure I can learn a lot from all of you!

The fish we brought back from Brandon are gorgeous! They have settled into their temporary tank & doing well.

Thanks for hosting Keith & inviting us to join you. Thanks for the fish Brandon. Thanks for the bucket Bill...you saved me from my lack of planning.

Looking forward to a "next time"!

-Dawn

Hey I just wanted to add that big thanks to Cozy for allowing us to intrude and for his instructions that corrected googles instructions which lead me to the boomies. I am looking forward to the next meeting. Bill thanks for the fish! Brandon thanks for the invite, you are a good guy by my estimation. I think much will be shared and a lot of knowledge will be gained at future meetings. I am glad to be apart of it.
    Coree

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Congratulations on your first post Dawn, told you you could do it! After being a member for 2 months I think you were a little overdue. Anxiously looking forward to your second post, hope I don't have to wait another 2 months.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast