AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: A small Introduction

Default A small Introduction

Hi All, I have been around Simply for about 3 years now and started keeping Discus about 5 years ago. Certainly no expert and looking to learn everyday. This is definitely an addiction and Simply feeds it very well.
    5 years ago, I started like I think a lot of people start, "Wow, that's a pretty fish, I wonder what it is?" a small, very small amount of research and "well heck I think I can keep them." So you get 2 and put in with some gouramis and other dither fish, and a couple weeks later they die. hmmm, more research needed. Ok, should have a bigger group as they like their own company. should probably keep them by themselves for awhile. and on, and on, and on. I think you know the story and have heard it a hundred times. Well I am no exception to that. But, after about 6-8 losses from a LFS I decided I needed to stop and do some actually research to find out about this beautiful fish.
    That was about 4 and a half years ago, took a break for about a year and a half then started over with a bit more knowledge. but even then, I lacked the small details.
    Along came SimplyDiscus, have learned so much here and really just want to thank everyone out there who has helped me along the way. I know us newbies ( yes, I still consider a newbie) can go on and on with what seems to be the same old same old. But it is truly wonderful to find a place that just wants people to be successful in Keeping Discus.
    Still have a lot to learn but do feel I am finally figuring it out. So I decided to settle in a bit, maybe cut some grass, have a few friends over and chat about whatever might come up.
    thanks for having me,
    Tom

Real Name
    Tony

Default Re: A small Introduction

i hear you and same here still have to learn a lot. let 's do it right and bigger this time.

tony
    My Fish Space
    300gallon Bare Bottom Tank [COMPLETED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "seek peace and pursue it"

Default Re: A small Introduction

Welcome Tom