ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Finnex Digital Titanium Controller/Heater

Default Finnex Digital Titanium Controller/Heater

Has anyone use this tititatum digital heater with crontroller? I found that when I set my my desire temp the controller is usually 2-3 degrees higher than my what my other thermostats read. For example I set my temp to 82 degree but my glass thermostats reads at 84-85degree. Is there a way to calibrate it? For now I just lower the controller 2 degrees lower in order to get my thermostat to read 82. Just in case you ask I did test with more than one thermostats. Same result.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kirby

Default Re: Finnex Digital Titanium Controller/Heater

I have one in my 50 and the difference between thermometer and controller is way off....tank is 83 & controller is 89. I have 2 others still in the boxes which I'll be using in my 90 so I'll see what happens with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbs View Post
    I have one in my 50 and the difference between thermometer and controller is way off....tank is 83 & controller is 89. I have 2 others still in the boxes which I'll be using in my 90 so I'll see what happens with them.
    Let me know... I wonder if there's a way time calibrate it.

Registered Member

FYI I have two glass thermometers in a 100 gallon if you put then next to each other they will show two different readings.

Mark

Registered Member

I have the same problem with mine, seems to be a waste of $$ at this point. Controller is set at 81 and tank temp is 85-86, I have a regular thermometer and a digital one and both read 85-86 and the controller reads 81.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    Has anyone use this tititatum digital heater with crontroller? I found that when I set my my desire temp the controller is usually 2-3 degrees higher than my what my other thermostats read. For example I set my temp to 82 degree but my glass thermostats reads at 84-85degree. Is there a way to calibrate it? For now I just lower the controller 2 degrees lower in order to get my thermostat to read 82. Just in case you ask I did test with more than one thermostats. Same result.

I trust the thermometer. Out of all my heaters, I think all of them are off at least 1-2 degrees and a couple are off by more. I don't know which as I don't pay attention to the setting any more... I just adjust one direction or the other based on the thermometer.

Also, two thermometers might be off by a little if you have them on opposite sides of the tank and don't have the best circulation. This can also occur with your thermometer and controller being at different parts.

The differences are also based on technology and how well they're calibrated.
    Eric

I have two of Jehmco's 500 watt Titanium Heater w/ ETCI Controllers on two tanks and both have been great. They are +/- a degree after a year plus, my experience has been that they are good quality controls.

Give John a call, always helpful!

Jehmco link to heaters
    Marc