ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newest spawn - attached Christmas Day

Default Newest spawn - attached Christmas Day

We have attachment. Hopefully all works out well this time.

Len

Default Re: Negotiations have been successful - My pair have ended their spawning strike !

I'll see what I can do for pics but will wait for a few days at least. I don't want to take the chance of spooking them and having the fry eaten.

Len

Default Re: Negotiations have been successful - My pair have ended their spawning strike !

Len

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

There are a ton of babies and mom is so red. Well done Len
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Thanks Pat. For whatever reason the females of each pair were the ones to turn red like that. The males get brighter, but never so red like the moms.

Len

8 days now They all seem to be eating the bbs well and the parents are settling down better. The male doesn't go after my hand during water changes any more and they don't seem to care when I take pics or at least at least they don't seem to react at all when I do.

Len

Real Name
    Pat

Wow Len, you are on your way to having fry to rear. The parents and fry look great.

Thanks Pat. Luckily they are going pretty easily. Feed BBS - Do Water change - Repeat. I haven't had time for much more than that the past week. I'm going to stop predicting "slower' days at work because every time I do the opposite happens lol

Len

Real Name
    Pat

Len, how are the fry doing??

They're doing great Pat. Lots of feeding and lots of water changes. I'll post a video for you tonight. The parents spawned again today.

Len

19 days old

Picking at a little beefheart. They are starting to accept the FDBW cubes as well. Other than that it's been different kinds of flakes like spirulina, super growth, beefheart with progrowth, and triple growth. They still get a bit of bbs, but trying to wean them off of it.

Len

I'm pretty pleased so far. The one thing I haven't done was feed them by hand. It took a lot of patience to do that with the first batch and that just isn't a luxury I have right now

Len

I lost count, but somewhere around 29 or 30 days:

Len

They look good, but I've lost a few for no apparent reason (4 of them). They eat like crazy, get lots of WCs and over the period of a few days I'd come home and random there would be a dead one on the bottom. I did a pp treatment before I went back to work tonight and I'll see if that makes a difference.

Len

Real Name
    Pat

Len, if they start to look a bit closed finned and/or lose feeding vigor I have found a six hour light pink PP treatment brings them around right quick. Kenny recommended this to me.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast