AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Newest spawn - attached Christmas Day

Default Re: Negotiations have been successful - My pair have ended their spawning strike !

That's just it Pat, they are eating like pigs and look great. Then I'll find one dead on the bottom with no warning. It's not a lot by any means but just being observant at this stage before it gets out of hand. I plan on selecting future stock from this group so want to keep losses to a minimum

Len

Default Re: Negotiations have been successful - My pair have ended their spawning strike !

So far I'm glad to say I've lost no more babies. I followed Andrew's advice (from the book) and did pp followed by antibiotic treatment. I counted last night and there are about 70 left. There is one who looks like a little shark because for whatever reason the others were attacking him and nipped him pretty good. If the fin doesn't grow back, he'll probably be a cull.

Len

3AM and just got home after working from 8:30 Am and WC was desperately needed

They were pretty hungry too lol. The majority are between 1.5" and 1.75 inches now at about 5 weeks give or take.

Len

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

They look great Len and some good growth on these pups.

Thanks Pat. I'm just rounding up the energy to move them to the 60G.

Len

Well I moved them to a bigger home

You can get a few good looks at my little "shark" around 0:27s He's the one that they were attacking and gave him some nasty nips. It sees to be growing back slowly, and don't have the heart to cull him after he made it through the ordeal.

Len

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Your little shark is the one with the part missing in the upper fin? They sure do fill that 60 up.

Yeah he's the one with the missing upper fin. It's growing back, but I don't suspect it will fully repair. He seems to swim fine though so we'll see what happens. The parents are in the 77 now with another pair and the angels. I thought they'd take a break after being moved but that doesn't look like its going to happen. The female is really red, full halo and dark 4 bars. On top of that the solomon is shimmying at the other male now that they are in the same tank.

Len

40 days old and 1.75 "

Len

Default Re: Newest spawn - attached Christmas Day

The pair spawned yesterday and I pulled the cone and put it in a 20 gal tank with some meth blue. I'll lower the water level to just above the eggs leaving about 4 to 5 inches of water in the tank. Maybe if I try enough times, one day I'll have some success at artificial rearing.

Len

Nick Klimkowski

Glad to here the fry are growing well as well as the pair spawning, good luck with trying artificial
    Rearing.

Good job Len, what is ur feeding/wc routine?

Quote Originally Posted by Len_S View Post
    40 days old and 1.75 "

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Allwin

No specific routine really. They've been fed Super beef heart flake with progrowth, beef heart mix, spirulina flake, earthworm sticks, cyclop-eeze, Freeze dried blackworms. I feed them frequently and siphon off the poops that fill the tank bottom a short while later.

Len

Len your little shark is adorable! Your babies looking great.
    Coree

Life is maintenance, happiness if flexibility,
    May you stay forever young.

Great grow rate for babies
    Awesome color female
    Ryan

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast