Cafepress Store     NADA

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: The Forum's Position on Discus in Planted Tanks....

iTrader
    Real Name
    Filip

Default Re: The Forum's Position on Discus in Planted Tanks....

Quote Originally Posted by LoGeek View Post
    How anyone can say that a bare bottom or hardscape tank looks better than a planted tank with discus is beyond me. I know nothing more beautiful than healthy discus in a planted scape! The fact that it's one of the hardest things to keep and maintain is another subject...
    I completely agree with you on the looks of the planted discus tank Jorgen . Nothing can beat a good planted setup with a fullgrown quality discus in it.

One of the most important aspects or should i say drawbacks or succesfull discus keeping under theese conditions IMO is to way under stock your tank .
    Whenever I see a succesfull story of a fully planted tank with discus in it and it runs without problems for a longer period its almost always stocked with 1 discus per 20-30 gallons or maybe even less , like in this case here .
    So its a compromise that we have to deal with .
    Last edited by Filip; 03-19-2017 at 06:37 PM.

Registered Member
    iTrader

Default Re: The Forum's Position on Discus in Planted Tanks....

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Ryno View Post
    I keep both BB & planted discus tanks. I like them both. I feel a planted discus tank is a beauty to behold.
    Hello,

I am new to this forum, so I hope i'm doing this right.

I was reading the forum and came across your response to the dialog to planted discus tanks. It seems like you have some experience under your belt on this topic and I would really like to pick you brain if you will allow me.

I have wanted to keep discus in my new heavily planted tank (it has been cycling for a month now - no i do not plan on putting them in at this moment). I was planning on adding the discus once my other inhabitants are fully settled and no problems have shown up (none so far) I have been listening to presentations, talks and reading forums about discus keeping but there is much information to sift and hope i get the right guidance. I am confident in the planted aspect but a complete blank slate on experience in discus. I do not like bb tanks, i dislike the look and would really like for this to be a successful undertaking yet i keep reading "if you don't have experience in discus AND planted tanks then it's a no go. How can i gather experience in this area if it is shun?

(did not want to write a book so I kept the details to a min)

My tank below to show I'm not blowing smoke and I really do take this hobby seriously.

54 sm.jpg

All advice is welcome. No rudeness.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233