AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shutting it all Down

Default Shutting it all Down

My worst fear hit me Monday night while filling one of my tanks. Got distracted by the wife and kid and by the time I came back water was all over my floor and had already leaked into the first floor neighbor's ceiling. The damage was done so now I'm force to close down my fish room until my house is purchase. I have already sold most of my Discus and having a friends homing the rest. I thought about quitting for good, but the wife told me to keep one pair and not focus on so many tanks. I will likely keep one proven pair but would have to wait and see if my building management would allow just the 40 breeder (remaining discus are all in the breeder). Don't know how much damage will be bill to me, but my Renter's insurance will cover it. If all is good with my building management, whom I've yet to hear from. I've only dealt with their receptionist and maintenance, who already came up to replace the carpet and fix the damage ceiling. The once Fish room will now be my Son's play room (Wife much happier). Already looking forward to building out my future fish room .

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

Default Re: Shutting it all Down

Man sorry to hear! That's a kick in the pants for sure. Glad the insurance covers it though! Get that house bought! You have any auto feeders you need to get rid of? Lol I didn't think that one through
    -Brandon
    Discus.....The best cult I've been a part of!
    B's Bunker

Real Name
    Tony

i am so sorry to hear it. it may happen for a reason and for sure your son will be happy to have that room now. Hope it wont damage much and you 'll get back soon.
    My Fish Space
    300gallon Bare Bottom Tank [COMPLETED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "seek peace and pursue it"

Quote Originally Posted by Trier20 View Post
    Man sorry to hear! That's a kick in the pants for sure. Glad the insurance covers it though! Get that house bought! You have any auto feeders you need to get rid of? Lol I didn't think that one through
    I do but keeping them for my future fish room . I sold all my tanks, heaters, pumps, etc. Kept only a few small items enough for one setup.

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Well that's a bummer. If it had been me it would have happened ages ago. There's a reason you saw a shop-vac in my basement.
    President - North American Discus Association

Thats no Fun at all! I have known so many that have had the same thing happen. Its not uncommon... Just think how much more at ease you will be when you start up again in your house.

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Thats no Fun at all! I have known so many that have had the same thing happen. Its not uncommon... Just think how much more at ease you will be when you start up again in your house.

-al
    Yep... shutting it down now makes my life a lot easier for my future build... I don't have to worry about what to do with my stock and transportation when it's time to move to the new house. Now I can just design and setup the new fish room and buy the pairs I need once the room is built out. I guess all this happen for a reason. I was pushing it in my apt and was growing in tanks when I shouldn't be. Now that this happen it was a wake-up call. Taking a step back and focus on what's more important to me (My Family).

Very true Buddy. There always a another time. Hope things are getting alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    Yep... shutting it down now makes my life a lot easier for my future build... I don't have to worry about what to do with my stock and transportation when it's time to move to the new house. Now I can just design and setup the new fish room and buy the pairs I need once the room is built out. I guess all this happen for a reason. I was pushing it in my apt and was growing in tanks when I shouldn't be. Now that this happen it was a wake-up call. Taking a step back and focus on what's more important to me (My Family).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Allwin

Quote Originally Posted by Allwin View Post
    Very true Buddy. There always a another time. Hope things are getting alright.
    Thanks my friend.... I hope those two turns out proven for you... I know you'll give them a good home... cannot wait to see your update on them... Two of my best fish in good hands...

You have a great wife who still supports you. That's great man! Four days ago and I was changing water in my 265G tank and while the tank was being filled, I fell asleep. I woke up when my wife came home and the tank was literally a minute away from spilling over. I was very lucky. It could have been a huge disaster if I didn't wake up in time. Anyhow, hope you find a new place and get your new fish room set up soon.

Yun-

- 265G Wild Discus Community
    - 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 20G, 29G Community
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

Real Name
    Jason

Very sorry to hear that happened. You can also look at it as helping out other people by selling your stock and supplies. The only way I could afford getting into this was buying someone's second-hand gear.

Nick Klimkowski

That's to bad Kale-El, I hope to see you getting back into the hobbie soon. Al is right it will defiently make setting up your new fish room easier.

Registered Member

Sorry to hear Saykham. Just make sure to hold onto your equipment. Fish can be replaced. If I have fry by the time you get your new house/fishroom, stop by and take your pick. Sure Tim will hook you up as well...Bill

Real Name
    Christopher G

Sorry to hear. It's happened to me as well. Good to know that your wife supports your hobby. Now you can look forward to building a new fish room and maybe something new, that you couldn't fit in an apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe by then Ill have some of those straight lines for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast