ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intro to Astro 101

Real Name
    Lindsay

Default Re: Intro to Astro 101

Quote Originally Posted by Madaboutdiscus View Post
    I agree! Nothing like the smell of horse flesh...minus the pooh that is. Hey do you ever have to stop at the store before going home from the barn and wear your spurs in as an explanation as to why you're so smelly and dirty? Lol our barn isn't where we live unfortunately.

-Victoria
    I am DEFINITELY guilty of leaving spurs on to explain my general dirtiness! When I have on English attire, I leave my tall boots on if I have to stop on the way home. That way people can see I've been riding rather than assume that I'm wearing ill-fitting hooker tights!!!

Real Name
    Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by SMB2 View Post
    Sounds like you need to do an Orthopedic residency.
    You have a bit of a grind ahead of you but each year gets better, especially after all the pre-clinical stuff is done.
    Had a 125 gal marine aquarium in a 12x14 dorm room, for four years in med. school. Kept me sane...but that was in the '70s
    Stan,
    I'm not sure I'm made of tough-enough stuff for ortho. In a perfect world, I'd do derm….only work two days a week and have all the discus I want
    We'll see how it pans out; probably just medicine for me. I can't believe you lived through medical school in a dorm room!!!! I would never have survived, so +++ respect.
    L

Registered Member Madaboutdiscus's Avatar

Haha we just practice in regular jeans and stuff so I really look out of place if I'm dirty with no purs. Of course we live in Hicksville USA and frequently the local Walmart hosts a pajama day (or they may as well since everyone wears them out) so I don't feel so bad.

-Victoria

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123