ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Big Garage Fishroom Project!

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Big Garage Fishroom Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith024 View Post
    I mean the distance between the top of a tank and the rack of the tank above it. What is a minimum comfortable distance between them?
    You really only need enough to stick your arm and reach the back of the tank. I would say 18" should be fine, and maybe even less

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Wow 18 inches is nearly half a metre, would have thought about maybe half that if I had to guess

Registered Member

I know you are looking for just a blanket answer but there is a ton of factors that can go into your setup. At the end of the day it is how you want it to be. Try a mockup. Get a few boards,books, bricks, what ever you like to use and stack them up on a table. Then see the height you like to work with and can that fit into your rack height for the setup.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by gills View Post
    I know you are looking for just a blanket answer but there is a ton of factors that can go into your setup. At the end of the day it is how you want it to be. Try a mockup. Get a few boards,books, bricks, what ever you like to use and stack them up on a table. Then see the height you like to work with and can that fit into your rack height for the setup.
    Thanks a lot for your input. actually I was looking for people who already have experience with stacked tanks and giving their input here, on how much clearance they have and if they found it to work or not, enough, too little, to much etc...

thanks for your input though it is much appreciated too

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Thanks a lot for your input. actually I was looking for people who already have experience with stacked tanks and giving their input here, on how much clearance they have and if they found it to work or not, enough, too little, to much etc...

thanks for your input though it is much appreciated too
    You might consider creating a thread with your question/concerns Keith. It may get more attention.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Ricardo

Wow 18 inches is nearly half a metre, would have thought about maybe half that if I had to guess
    I am going based of guess. I helped set up Dave's fishroom/garage and he had quite a gap with his racks, but he had many close to the floor:

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    You might consider creating a thread with your question/concerns Keith. It may get more attention.
    Pat
    already did not much luck

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    I am going based of guess. I helped set up Dave's fishroom/garage and he had quite a gap with his racks, but he had many close to the floor:
    I also noticed this picture and I am guessing around 25cm (around 10 inches), however Dave only had 2 tanks on top of each other, I think I ay be pushing it at planning 3 or 2 and a sump.

Real Name
    Ricardo

I also noticed this picture and I am guessing around 25cm (around 10 inches), however Dave only had 2 tanks on top of each other, I think I ay be pushing it at planning 3 or 2 and a sump.
    Keep in mind, those are some big tanks he had. If I remember correctly, most of his larger tanks were all 100+ gallons. I don' think I have a pic of his racks on the wall side, but those were smaller tanks and I believe they were stacked 3 high.

If you are planning to stack 29g or 40g L, then you can stack 3 for sure. You just have to do all your calculations based on how much space you think you need.

Do you have the tanks already? If so, you can do the calculations based on the dims of the tanks plus the plywood they would sit on.

Cafepress.com

Registered Member

I only did two shelves for my tanks, I wanted to be able to store things underneath, and have room to work since the 29's are lined up with the short side forward, it can be hard to adjust heaters, the sponge filter, or do much of anything at the rear end of those tanks. Have to use a small ladder / 2 or 3 step stool to work on the top tanks.

Registered Member Darren's Discus's Avatar

Great Looking Fishroom.
    Darren Burgess
    Townsville Queensland Australia
    townsvillerocks@gmail.com

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678