ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Miranda at chicago discus! The best!

Default Miranda at chicago discus! The best!

Just wanted everyone to know that an unfortunate thing happened to me last week. I lost a discus due to a holding of the package of two snow white adult discus from Chicagodiscus at a transfer station in Indianapolis by FEDX. Miranda at Chicago Discus was so concerned that these two snow white discus would be held almost a third day before delivery, particularly since I was leaving on a business trip to Toronto on the day that they would be eventually delivered. As a result my house keeper who is very educated on acclimating new fish to a QT tank got the delivery one day late and one of the discus passed away on the next day when she went to check on them. The discus are magnificent! While I was in Toronto (live in Miami Beach) I had to give the news to Miranda and she was as devastated as I was! From this I was to learn that one should not dispose of a dead fish on delivery without taking a photo of it because in many cases the fish are insured and the importer/breeder could possibly claim the insurance in this kind of event. I didn't know that and of course she asked if I had a photo of the snow white that passed but my housekeeper had already disposed of the dead discus. Despite these circumstances Miranda offered to replace the discus and I knew that she had an original set of four of this kind of discus in the very same size. I decided that I felt really bad for her and for me and for the discus.The fact that unaided with proof of a photo that she would be able to use in her claim that she would offer to replace the discus that passed was so kind and so generous I decided that I would buy the last of the snow white discus so it could join the one I have already and the one she is replacing. So now I will have three! If the other two are anything like the one that survived I will be thrilled to receive them on tuesday of next week!!! I want to publicly thank Miranda for her generous offer and to encourage newbies here on this forum that if you want to purchase discus go to the sponsors on this forum because they are all really generous and honest people! Thank you Miranda and Chicago Discus. Rufus

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Miranda at chicago discus! The best!

That is the type of sponsor I would be glad to deal with. Stand up Sponsor for sure.

Try getting that type of service from AB or other sources outside of SD and it probably wouldn't have a happy ending.

TFS

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Wow, thank you Rufus for such kind words. I don't think I ever told you about my very first Snow White discus. It was a male who we had in our hobby tank, long before Chicago Discus was even thought of. I loved that fish. He wanted to breed so bad, but never could find a mate. So he just lived in the hobby tank for years. Then one day we received a group of female Snow Whites. I brought him down to the fish room, and sure enough he paired with one of the females. We gave them their own breeding tank and breeding cone, and they had many large viable spawns. But the fry never attached... the parents were too light colored. But that little male Snow White never gave up. He tried and tried to get them to attach, and we tried every trick in the book to help him. Unfortunately, he was an older male, and he eventually passed away without ever raising his fry. But that Snow White had such heart! I never would have thought it possible in a fish, but that little guy sealed my love for discus. Maybe that is why the loss of Rufus' Snow White affected me as much as it did. Chicago Discus has a live arrival guarantee, as do many of the sponsors. I am glad that I have another Snow White in our hatchery that I can give Rufus as a replacement for the one he lost. We honor our guarantee... Miranda
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Andy

What's up with Indianapolis?? Same thing happened to
    My order placed with Chicago discus a week ago, and like your story Miranda was awesome at walking me through everything. I fortunately did not lose any fish. Outstanding service!!! Will definitely order from them again!!!

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoDiscus View Post
    Wow, thank you Rufus for such kind words. I don't think I ever told you about my very first Snow White discus. It was a male who we had in our hobby tank, long before Chicago Discus was even thought of. I loved that fish. He wanted to breed so bad, but never could find a mate. So he just lived in the hobby tank for years. Then one day we received a group of female Snow Whites. I brought him down to the fish room, and sure enough he paired with one of the females. We gave them their own breeding tank and breeding cone, and they had many large viable spawns. But the fry never attached... the parents were too light colored. But that little male Snow White never gave up. He tried and tried to get them to attach, and we tried every trick in the book to help him. Unfortunately, he was an older male, and he eventually passed away without ever raising his fry. But that Snow White had such heart! I never would have thought it possible in a fish, but that little guy sealed my love for discus. Maybe that is why the loss of Rufus' Snow White affected me as much as it did. Chicago Discus has a live arrival guarantee, as do many of the sponsors. I am glad that I have another Snow White in our hatchery that I can give Rufus as a replacement for the one he lost. We honor our guarantee... Miranda
    Miranda, what a wonderful story!!! I had no idea! Well, the current snow white survivor is beautiful and very friendly. She, yes, I've decided that she is a she, don't know why but I just think it, will be thrilled in a few days because she will come out of quarantine and when she does she will have two San Merah Males to play with who are just a breath smaller than she is. Then next tuesday she after her mates come she will also get to know them again after about a week or two of quarantine. I'm not into breeding but if ever the snow whites do breed you will be the first to know. Once again thank you for so much care and concern and such compassion. Little of that these days. Rufus

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Awwww I love my Aunt so much and I'm glad people get to see what an amazing person she is. She very rarely posts but she's very fond of Rufus...... .......... Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Awwww I love my Aunt so much and I'm glad people get to see what an amazing person she is. She very rarely posts but she's very fond of Rufus...... .......... Josie
    Agreed. Miranda IMO is the heart of Chicago Discus and Josie is the face they both are the reason why I go back to Them all the time...

I think Miranda is wonderful and I think Josie must be if they are related!! LOL! thanks again. Rufus