AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nutritional value

Default Re: Nutritional value

Guys,
    I have to apologize here, I was off the forum the last few weeks.. I take a "vacation" of sorts in the Fall and Spring and help a friend with his landscape business with its annual cleanups...Its like running a marathon.

Future Note.. Please Please please contact me directly at any time with your questions. Its a good thing to do wth all sponsors here as we aren't always online regularly.
    My contact info is
    Aquaticsuppliers@comcast.net for email
    or thru the website contact page at Aquaticsuppliers.com

my phone is 203-464-2869.

As for the question about nutrition of the Mal's freeze Dried Blackworms... the info posted so far is fairly correct , but theres more.

Please see the following....

Aussie blackworms_a.jpeg

Somethings to note...
    Australian Blackworms are farm raised and as such they receive a special commercial diet. What an organism eats affects its nutritional content when eaten. I know of no Bloodworm farms where diet is supplimented.. and due to the life cycle of the bloodworms (these are a type of insect, similar to a mosquitoe) its unlikely that any are "farm raised" in any controlled environment...I do not have proof of this. In short, when you compare Blackworms to blood worms... there is a world of difference between the two.

I do not have nutritional info on Bloodworms to compare against Blackworms... but I have posted the information we have on Australian Blackworms to allow you make an informed decision if you can obtain similar from what ever Bloodworm suppliers you are using.

In closing, I would also advise anyone considering or using bloodworms to research Bloodworm allergies...
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...itch-the-ITCH-!!!!!!!
    Polls on Simply show around 25-30% of members either are allergic mildly or severely to bloodworms... and this allergy is something people don't always start with... you develop it over time...and they can be severe. People using BLACKWORMS do not get these allergies as these are 2 different organisms.

So Nutritionally Australian Blackworms are great for your fish and don't cause your eyes to swell shut, hives on your arms, and difficulty breathing as many people experience with Bloodworms.

Just some "FOOD for Thought"

Best always,
    al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 04-21-2014 at 07:40 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    wayen fang

what is meaning FDBW?

Quote Originally Posted by tj_718 View Post
    what is meaning FDBW?
    Freeze dried blackworms

FDBW freeze dried black worms. Blackworms are the best alternative to beefheart.

Sent from my EG680 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12