AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NADA 2014 Show - The Countdown Begins

Default Re: NADA 2014 Show - The Countdown Begins

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    Ugh, reading all of this just bums me out that I can not attend... My wife is pregnant and the doctors have ordered her not to fly... I suppose I could drive it, but doubtful...

I guess it will have to be next year with an extra baby in tow!!
    fyi.. its every 2 years.. TBA2016
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Real Name
    Phil

Every 2 years...? Crap, I guess I really have to grow some patience in these next few years...

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Just jump in the car and head south......Take your time and make it a family vacation with a fish show thrown in.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eddie

I'd love to go! Would be coming from NY. When is it and how much is it to attend besides the cost of travel and hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by metsfan421 View Post
    I'd love to go! Would be coming from NY. When is it and how much is it to attend besides the cost of travel and hotel?

Here is the website. The cost to attend is extremely low and you will not regret coming. It is always a huge blast.

-john

http://nadaaustin2014.com/

SOS Crew Texas

Seven weeks now till the show .... Excitement is growing ... ARE YOU GOING TO BE HERE ALSO??? Book your hotel now and your registration! I can not wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOS Crew Texas
    Show Committee for NADA 2014 AUSTIN TX

Can someone open up a NADA thread and post pics of all the great fish? Play by play day by day?

Real Name
    Matt

I plan to do that. Will also be posting updates to twitter and youtube and such daily (hopefully) and I'll be sure to get all those exact links to people closer to show time so they can follow along.
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by OC Discus View Post
    Can someone open up a NADA thread and post pics of all the great fish? Play by play day by day?
    sure here are in the instructions..

Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by OC Discus View Post
    As close as you are you need to load up and be at the show......

-jhon

SOS Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    As close as you are you need to load up and be at the show......

-jhon
    Ain't that the truth.

So here is the problem. We all always have great intentions of posting lots and lots of stuff while it is happening, including lots of pictures. Then we get there..............Our time is spent listening to the great talks by the speakers, catching up with what is going on with old friends, meeting and making new friends. Somewhere during all that we might find time to grab something to eat. Next thing you know it is midnight, we still haven't been back to our room all day and now it's time to get a drink and talk with new and old friends about discus. Next thing you know it is 3 AM and we had better get to sleep so we can be awake for the speaker the next morning. We probably found a little bit of time during that to snap a few pictures but we didn't find time to go back to the room and upload them over the hotel internet to our computers so we can post them. We REALLY intended to find the time but we didn't want to miss out on everything that was going on at the Show. So I will apologize in advance in case it doesn't happen. I do want you to hear and see what is happening at the Show because I want you to realize what you are missing so you make sure you don't let it happen again.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Real Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    Ain't that the truth.

So here is the problem. We all always have great intentions of posting lots and lots of stuff while it is happening, including lots of pictures. Then we get there..............Our time is spent listening to the great talks by the speakers, catching up with what is going on with old friends, meeting and making new friends. Somewhere during all that we might find time to grab something to eat. Next thing you know it is midnight, we still haven't been back to our room all day and now it's time to get a drink and talk with new and old friends about discus. Next thing you know it is 3 AM and we had better get to sleep so we can be awake for the speaker the next morning. We probably found a little bit of time during that to snap a few pictures but we didn't find time to go back to the room and upload them over the hotel internet to our computers so we can post them. We REALLY intended to find the time but we didn't want to miss out on everything that was going on at the Show. So I will apologize in advance in case it doesn't happen. I do want you to hear and see what is happening at the Show because I want you to realize what you are missing so you make sure you don't let it happen again.
    This of course is very true. Hence the "hopefully" in my post above.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Wes

Larry you need to wear one of these so you don't forget. We will see what you see.

or this one
    Last edited by Wes; 04-30-2014 at 06:18 PM.
    Thank u to all guys and girls for all your help and hard work at NADA Chicago 2016 [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hope can get cash together few years from now and attend.another country first time would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    Ain't that the truth.

Lol, this is exactly how it happens!

You just need to be there!

Chad
    Proud Host of the best Discus show ever in North America because of the people who came!!
    NADA Show Convention Atlanta 2012
    Member of SouthEast Discus Enthusiasts
    North American Discus Association Board Member

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast