ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NADA 2014 Show - The Countdown Begins

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Default Re: NADA 2014 Show - The Countdown Begins

I will be taking and posting pictures, like I did in Atlanta. They won't be nearly as good as Matt's will be, but at least you will be able to see a bit of what you are missing. I promise to do it.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

I will post to Facebook probably before posting here.. lol.. its faster
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    I will be taking and posting pictures, like I did in Atlanta. They won't be nearly as good as Matt's will be, but at least you will be able to see a bit of what you are missing. I promise to do it.
    Barb
    Thanks Barb. We'll be looking for your pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    I plan to do that. Will also be posting updates to twitter and youtube and such daily (hopefully) and I'll be sure to get all those exact links to people closer to show time so they can follow along.
    We'll be looking for your picks too Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    As close as you are you need to load up and be at the show......

-jhon
    John, I'd love to come, but not sure about my wife. She isn't as enthusiastic as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bugg View Post
    Ain't that the truth.

So here is the problem. We all always have great intentions of posting lots and lots of stuff while it is happening, including lots of pictures. Then we get there..............Our time is spent listening to the great talks by the speakers, catching up with what is going on with old friends, meeting and making new friends. Somewhere during all that we might find time to grab something to eat. Next thing you know it is midnight, we still haven't been back to our room all day and now it's time to get a drink and talk with new and old friends about discus. Next thing you know it is 3 AM and we had better get to sleep so we can be awake for the speaker the next morning. We probably found a little bit of time during that to snap a few pictures but we didn't find time to go back to the room and upload them over the hotel internet to our computers so we can post them. We REALLY intended to find the time but we didn't want to miss out on everything that was going on at the Show. So I will apologize in advance in case it doesn't happen. I do want you to hear and see what is happening at the Show because I want you to realize what you are missing so you make sure you don't let it happen again.
    Larry, maybe between everybody we'll get to see some pics. Or someone could compile the picks after the show and put them together. Thanks for the effort.

There is no doubt that there will be a compilation of stuff after the Show. That will definitely happen. Always does. If you go to the NADA section here on the forum and look at the 2012 Show section you will see that quite a bit gets posted. Most of it gets posted after the Show though. Just being truthful about what happens during the Show. We get very caught up in all that is happening and simply don't find the extra time to post a whole lot.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Extra time? That's only between 3-6 am ... And you have to give up sleep for it... Assuming you don't want to miss anything of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOS Crew Texas
    Show Committee for NADA 2014 AUSTIN TX

Good opportunity for sellers to post picks of fish for sale all in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by OC Discus View Post
    Good opportunity for sellers to post picks of fish for sale all in one place.
    well, its kind of not advertised or listed.. who owns what.. due to judging.. you don't want bias..

BUT.. loose lips, sink ships.. so word gets around in the little circles that huddle around the tanks at the show
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

I am very happy to announce that Universal Rocks will be one of the vendors at our show. They are a family owned company that makes some unreal fake rocks, fake tree stumps, fake roots, and great backgrounds. Their products have several advantages over natural things and also outher peoples fakes. They can make almost anything. They will have lots of product at the show but here is their website is you want to do some shopping ahead of time. Be sure to tell them that NADA sent you.

-john

http://www.universalrocks.com/
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Real Name
    Matt

Nice! I have a background from them in my 100gal, outstanding product.
    -Matt

i have always watched some conventions and shows in Europe
    (maybe i am the only greek guy as a NADA member)
    i am living the last 3 years permanently in NY and i am happy to have as a guest my good friend Cuneyt Birol for couple of days here before the show, and then we will fly together down to Austin
    so guys is my first discus-show in that continent and i am sure, Cuneyt and I, will be more than happy to meet you there

:hat:

friendly John
    Last edited by yiapas; 05-02-2014 at 11:06 PM.
    OLYMPIAKOS

Quote Originally Posted by yiapas View Post
    i have always watched some conventions and shows in Europe
    (maybe i am the only greek guy as a NADA member)
    i am living the last 3 years permanently in NY and i am happy to have as a guest my good friend Cuneyt Birol for couple of days here before the show, and then we will fly together down to Austin
    so guys is my first discus-show in that continent and i am sure, Cuneyt and I, will be more than happy to meet you there

:hat:

friendly John
    John,

We are very Thankful and Honored that you were able to facilitate Cuneyt coming to our show! As I mentioned, I owe you a drink .

We look forward to having you and hope you will enjoy your first North American Discus Show.

See you soon my friend.

Best Regards,
    -jim
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

SIX WEEKS OUT... WHO'S GETTING EXCITED NOW?

Hotel rate cut off date is May 28th ... just 20 days away and our amazing rate goes away... book your room now!! I will see you there!! Things just keep getting more exciting the closer we get! You will regret not being there...make it happen- its worth it!
    SOS Crew Texas
    Show Committee for NADA 2014 AUSTIN TX

Registered Member rsawest@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda

I'm signed sealed and delivered! I can't wait to see everyone in Austin! I am so looking forward to this show!
    It's all good.
    Linda -SOS Crew Minnesota
    Frostbite Falls Discus Club

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Hi Linda, shall I add you to the Friday evening dinner- for- lady-discus-keepers? I am starting a list...anyone else want to be added?
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Registered Member rsawest@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda

Yep, put me down for the dinner Barb!
    It's all good.
    Linda -SOS Crew Minnesota
    Frostbite Falls Discus Club

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast