AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's into Angelfish?

Default Who's into Angelfish?

After visiting Bill at Inland empire discus and seeing some of his breeding pairs of angelfish, im now totally hooked.

i saw a platinum blue kind and was stunned at its beauty.

who else here is into angels?

what are some of the rare and nicest variety to get?

heres my fav one from Bill:

Discus dave.

Real Name
    David

Default Re: Whos into Angelfish?

You're not alone. Due to the issues that we've had with the terrible tap water here, we've had better luck with angels than discus. Our discus numbers keep dwindling, but we're regularly selling off excess angels (just sold 4 adults & a dozen dime sized babies this morning).

The angels we keep are fairly common: silver, silver zebra, koi, marble & smokey blues. Some are standard fins, widefins, veils or veil longfins (Merry's favorite).

There are a few of the members here that are also members at The Angelfish Form II. I'm still struggling to understand how to find information there. It's not as organized as here. Then again, I have that problem with some things at the planted tank too..
    tnaqua.org member
    No aquatic creatures were harmed in the creation of this signature, although a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Registered Member

Angels are great. I have a huge male essentially identical to the veil you picture at top except that he is also pearlscale which gives a big glimmer effect. I particularly like very dark orange nearly solid koi angels. I also have a variety of others that are related. The one like the one in your image is also has koi, being a cross between a great koi and an albino pearlscale. He has produced some nice offspring that are pearlscale kois. I also have black streaked blushing that also have koi genes. I keep them since when sib crossed produce some koi's with very intense coloration. I keep my koi related angels with pigeon blood discus.

Separate from the koi's and koi relatives I have some exquisite blue ghosts. They don't have stripes and are a uniform bright blue - about the same color as blue diamond discus.

Ron

im not having issue keeping discus. they are doing fine but i forgot how beautiful angels can be also.
    Angels now look way better than what was available 20 yrs ago when i kept them.
    i couldnt find much info on them like discus tho...
    Discus dave.

I'm hooked to angelfish too.
    Your angelfish look so nice Dave

Trung.

My current favorite. Also have Albino Blue, DD Black and Kois.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...els-from-RichT
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

very nice larry. trung, those arent mine. its Bills. im gonna buy some juvies from him tho. hopefully in a month or two when fishroom is ready.
    Discus dave.

Real Name
    Bud Smith

I used to raise and breed angels and there some very nice crosses out there. Sort of partial to chocolate smokies and half blacks. I still keep a few around now and then. Thinking about starting a nice planted angel tank although discus are my main focus. Very nice nice pics of your angels. Check mellow aquatics, angels plus and aquabid and you can get a good idea of different strains that are available.
    Bud

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Here's a forum for wild angel lovers...http://www.finarama.com/forum/
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Quote Originally Posted by pepper2 View Post
    I used to raise and breed angels and there some very nice crosses out there. Sort of partial to chocolate smokies and half blacks. I still keep a few around now and then. Thinking about starting a nice planted angel tank although discus are my main focus. Very nice nice pics of your angels. Check mellow aquatics, angels plus and aquabid and you can get a good idea of different strains that are available.
    Another great source.

http://angelsbybaskington.com/
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Real Name
    Bud Smith

Your right Larry - they have some very nice pairs
    Bud

so the one i uploaded above is Platinum blue marble???
    Discus dave.

Nick Klimkowski

I used to breed them, I still love playing around with them. I have a few pairs left. A black lace, and kois. I really want to get some young Altums soon.

I've always liked angels we had 3 platinum pairs a koi pair and a leopard pair they were all great looking angels then the wife did a water change and some how killed all of them... Rainbow pets in Arleta ca has had some nice ones

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

I have had angels since I was only 20 and newly married. We just had our 43rd anniversary so I have had them a very long time. Currently I have 16 adults, all from Mellowaquatics, grown by me from dime sized. My current favorites are Koi, orange marbles and black lace. Over the years I have had all the varieties, veil tails are always some of my favorites. My angel tank is in our dining room, discus are in the living room. Never have kept the two fish together. How many of you have discus and angels in the same tank?
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast