Sam

Default Re: My 150 Gallon planted discus tank

Quote Originally Posted by jesseliu13 View Post
    where did you get your snake skin?
    They are all from my lfs in Sydney

Real Name
    Eric

Yea, that's one hell of a tank! Really beautiful! I could stare at it for hours. I really like the deep dark shiny blue discus in your second-to-last photo...what kind is he?

Registered Member

I'm a little over a year into raising Discus. I've learned a lot. My tank is a 150G tall dimension with 4 times necessary filtration and UV sterilization system. I use ChemiPure Elite and Purigen with week WCs.

My tank is a SA Discus community with compatible SA species. I have 11 healthy constantly spawning and hatching Discus. I used to have varieties of swords and tried constantly to manage the dosing fertilzer. Finally after year decided no more live plants and now I have beautiful artificial plants. After stopping the dosing my cleaning maintenance is greatly reduced.

I only wanted long stem broad lead swords but the one we all but are raised emmersed and they have to melt and regrow as fully submersed version. Every three months I had to replace them caused I'm not waiting a year to regrow them.

My water chemistry stays nearly perfect now and I invested in the look I wanted to achieve with artificial tall pkants in background. It's actually a better show tank now and it's easier to manage and balance water chemistry. My fish are stable and never get sick.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by Mas84 View Post

Very nice looking fish the one thing I like in particular with the blue is that ai can tell if they are upset or not happy are there any tell tale signs with the yellow or other colours?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456