ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: What is the likelihood of a reasonable number of wilds for sale at NADA?

Default What is the likelihood of a reasonable number of wilds for sale at NADA?

I'm 50-50 on making it to Austin, but my main reason for going would be to buy some wild or F1 fish. Is there any way to know ahead of time what sort of stock might be available?

Default Re: What is the likelihood of a reasonable number of wilds for sale at NADA?

There will be wilds there.. as for the exact number. We won't know till the event and we are filling tanks

Some plan ahead.. other will make last minute decision To bring..

But what is for sure.. is the show is every two years.. 2016 Is next show year
    Last edited by Skip; 04-16-2014 at 10:30 PM.
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Default Re: What is the likelihood of a reasonable number of wilds for sale at NADA?

Not really an easy question to answer at this time but I will try. It will be purely speculation though. At the last Show there were 15 Wilds entered. The importers that come to the Show and enter fish in the Show are not Wild importers. The wilds that were entered were owned by individuals like you and me. I believe most of these 15 Wilds were available for purchase. It is not very likely you will find any F1's entered in the Show. F1's cannot be entered into the Wild class because they are no longer considered wilds. F1's would have to be entered into one of the other classes (most likely Open class). On top of this there just aren't that many people breeding wilds so F1's just aren't that prevalent. It is hard to say if the people who bring Wilds to this Show will be selling them or not. To give you an example..... I'm considering bringing a couple of Wilds to enter but they won't be for sale. I will bring them back home with me.

I can't leave this here though. The Show has so much more to offer than the possibility of buying some nice discus. The chance to hear the World Class Speakers and the opportunity to talk and spend some time individually or in small groups with them is something you won't find anywhere else in North America except at a NADA Show. The chance to talk with and share with some of the leading Discus Keepers in North America is unprecedented. To leave the Show with these people as good friends is priceless. If you are Wild about keeping Discus I promise you will come away wanting more and counting down the days till the next Show.............which won't be until 2016. Don't let this opportunity slip by. Heck, you are way to close to Austin to miss it!!
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association