ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excited to finally have discus!

Default Re: Excited to finally have discus!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomCavie View Post
    Makes sense, plants alone it is then! Thanks! Here is a list of the plants I was hoping to use, Sagittaria subulata, Anubias barteri 'Petite', Anubias Lanceolata, Echinodorus amazonicus, and Hemianthus Callitrichoides 'cuba'

beautiful my cuba melted, sob ! i ran my planted 90 for 9 months….still does not have discus in it though i was dying to add my new adult wilds in there, but i had nitrate spikes and all sorts of things when i first set it up that would have made it rough on the discus. but IM learning planted, im only about a year or so into planted tanks and so i keep them separate for the most part. only now would i put adults in my most established tanks , a year old and stable in all ways. i know my fish now i have had them a while (all except the newest wilds which i need to observe a while longer in bare before i even consider it) so i would know if i put them in and something went wrong. however first thing id do would be to go bare again.

Still having said that there are plenty of people on this forum who DO have planted tanks, i just set my goals aside for as many years as it takes to learn both discus and planted tanks separately. and i have some in bare tanks always as a comparison. just my way of doing things there are plenty of ways here on this forum!! Coree and Elliots and Chad are amazing planted people, far superior to me and tbmeck is amazing, also im forgetting people but do your research and just make sure you learn them separately before you combine them if you want hassle free times ahead LOL. i would have sooooooo failed by now if i had thrown them in when i started. omg i cant even imagine it !
    - Marnie
    www.bootcamprescue.com

Registered Member

Thanks for the tip! What are their usernames if you don't mind me asking?

Dirty plants = Corree
    Pastry = Elliot's
    Chad Hughes = Chad...lol

Just look under planted section you see them post a lot
    - Marnie
    www.bootcamprescue.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12