AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Homestead Sites on SimplyDiscus... what are they?

Exclamation Homestead Sites on SimplyDiscus... what are they?

Hello all,
    I've been asked this multiple times by members that are new to Simply... So I thought I would talk about Homesteads abit. Browsing the forum you will see that its broken into "boards" that cover various topics. Thats pretty much standard on forums. Here on SimplyDiscus we've taken it to a new level...we have added a board for members to use as if they were renting a house. We can it the "Homestead" Its a place where for $50 per year you can share your pictures, stories, document your discus adventures, write about your latest trip...what ever . Forum Rules still apply but other than that, your homestead is yours. Homesteads here have become very popular, and most that start one keep it year after year. It really is like a neighborhood.

We did this for multiple reasons, foremost is that it is a way to generate funds for the forum and give you something back in exchange..Something real and tangible.. We also did it because it fosters a sense of community here that I really want to preserve no matter how Big this forum gets.

The Homesteads have become one of the main ways the forum is funded. If you are thinking, "hey, I really enjoy this site and want to help it out" then this may be just what you are looking for.

To learn more about the Premium Membership Programs here at Simply and what you get with the Homestead Membership read here..
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?104050

Once you a have read about the homesteads perks, and have decided to sign on, we make it super easy.

Moving into one of our "homesteads" is easy... Alls you do is go to this link...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/payments.php

Choose the Homestead subscription and follow the directions for payment. Once thats done, you are a homesteader. Alls that you need to do then is Contact Pat here Second Hand Pat and pm her to let her know what you want your homestead called. She will then set up your own homestead board on Simply.

Its that easy! No tech degree needed, no background mortgage check, we move you in quickly using our people and make sure you have everything you need to enjoy your new home asap.

So.. if you are looking to become a greater part of the community here and support it as well.. The Homesteader may be just what you are looking for. And with prices starting and ending at $50.00 year... Its a royal steal! And theres no comitment either... You pay year by year. One week before your subscription ends, you'll get an email about renewal. If you want to keep the homestead site, you just subscribe again for one.... if not, do nothing and you will return to registered member status.

Thanks,
    Al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 04-24-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Homestead Sites on SimplyDiscus... what are they?

For any homesteader who does not have a homestead forum and wants one. Please PM me with what you want to name it and we will move you right in.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Al, I noticed earlier today two ads on SD. They appeared on two postings on one thread. One was for "Cube Storage", I actually use them. The other was to remove dark spots or something like that. I hope they are ads and you are being paid for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliots View Post
    Al, I noticed earlier today two ads on SD. They appeared on two postings on one thread. One was for "Cube Storage", I actually use them. The other was to remove dark spots or something like that. I hope they are ads and you are being paid for them.
    I suspect it will be down to this http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...60#post1087260
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Quote Originally Posted by pcsb23 View Post
    Correct Paul!!
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

homestead rocks!!

i like it cuz i know where all my threads are!! i can MOD them.. edit them.. delete them.. but most of all i can find what i have posted.. if i need to start a new thread.. i usually do it here.. so it doesn't get lost in the hundreds of others in the other sections..

and i get larger email storage.. Which, i should clean out.. i don't think i need emails from john nicholson that are 4 years old..

i just renewed yesterday for 3rd straight year

see

Last edited by Skip; 04-24-2014 at 02:06 PM.
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    homestead rocks!!

i like it cuz i know where all my threads are!! i can MOD them.. edit them.. delete them.. but most of all i can find what i have posted.. if i need to start a new thread.. i usually do it here.. so it doesn't get lost in the hundreds of others in the other sections..

and i get larger email storage.. Which, i should clean out.. i don't think in need emails from john nicholson that are 4 years old..

i just renewed yesterday for 3rd straight year

see

Yep.. on all accounts...especially that one about John's Emails! You don't actually read those , do you?

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Yep.. on all accounts...especially that one about John's Emails! You don't actually read those , do you?

al
    only when i was a newbie.. and didn't know anything about john.. now, i know better
    Last edited by Skip; 04-24-2014 at 03:07 PM.
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    only when i a newbie.. and didn't know anything about john.. now, i know better
    LOL.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    george melendez

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    For any homesteader who does not have a homestead forum and wants one. Please PM me with what you want to name it and we will move you right in.
    Hi Pat, i recently became a Gold Member
    1 Do i get a homestead?

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by geo57 View Post
    Hi Pat, i recently became a Gold Member
    1 Do i get a homestead?
    Can I swap your gold out for a red George? If yes, please pm me.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    george melendez

Done Pat.