AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Any NHL fans out there ???

Registered Member treemanone2003's Avatar
    Real Name
    George

Default Any NHL fans out there ???

It's Stanley Cup playoff season. Who's your favorite team ? Did they make it to the second round ? Do you have a second that you'd be rooting for, not watch at all, or watch just because you love hockey ? I'm a NY Rangers fan myself, for as long as I can remember. Big OT win last night while on the road !!!!

For all those die hard fans, you'll know what I'm hinting towards now. Yes, I have a bit of superstition in me, lol. Sunday, my presence is required at a wedding. I have to dress in clothes I only wear to weddings and funerals. And I'll have to look spectacular for some photos. Hence shaving is a requirement, and we all know what happens when you shave during the playoffs.

Default Re: Any NHL fans out there ???

Glad you're shaving, I'm a Pens fan, LOL. I also root for the Bruins, they'd better get their act together. I've spent many an hour in hockey rinks since I'm the Mom of three sons who played from the age of 3 on (they're now 28, 26 and 24 and still play). One of the best things we got to do while visiting son #2 in Charleston was watching him play hockey again.
    Joan

Rangers, baby!!!!
    Mark

Well Canucks are out...and AV is coaching Canucks..so ...not them as he could gloat.lol.
    I will take any as long as not Boston, Chicago, sharks, or la kings.montreal is my first pick.after that red wings, penguins, or New York will be fine with me.

Real Name
    George

Quote Originally Posted by joanstone View Post
    Glad you're shaving, I'm a Pens fan, LOL. I also root for the Bruins, they'd better get their act together. I've spent many an hour in hockey rinks since I'm the Mom of three sons who played from the age of 3 on (they're now 28, 26 and 24 and still play). One of the best things we got to do while visiting son #2 in Charleston was watching him play hockey again.
    Oh Joan, you're killing me all over lol !!! Pens AND the B's ???? Dang. But I don't wanna shave. They all need to get their acts together. You're a lucky mom to have such talented boys still playing today. It's always awesome to see a game. Is son # 2 playing for the Stingrays down there ? I think they're an affiliate of the Capitals if my memory is still good. Sorry, H8TE 8 !!! But equally as well I can't stand Crosby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Name
    George

Quote Originally Posted by MSD View Post
    Rangers, baby!!!!
    Love it, Mark !!! An "islander" that loves Manhattan. You rock buddy !!! I'll be following along from the iPhone app startin day 630

Real Name
    George

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Well Canucks are out...and AV is coaching Canucks..so ...not them as he could gloat.lol.
    I will take any as long as not Boston, Chicago, sharks, or la kings.montreal is my first pick.after that red wings, penguins, or New York will be fine with me.
    Lmao April !!! Yes he is, but he isn't. It was and wasn't a fair trade. I don't think AV or JT should've gotten fired last year. They both did an outstanding job with each team. And then JT gets fired again this year ??? I was like geeze, really ?

I agree NO BOSTON !!! I would've like to see a NYR-SJS matchup for the final. Chicago never needs any good luck wishes. They're always hot. Toews and Kane are a match made in heaven. And they've got Hossa who was a "do nothing" when with the Rangers, but now making it happen.

The Habs have always been strong as well. Never been a fan of the little instigator Subban. Actually, probably wouldn't offer him a sleeve to wipe his nose should I see him crying. I really couldn't say what my other pick would be besides the Rangers. I like L.A. only because Quick is from two towns over. SJS would probably fit in also since I got Roenick's autograph at a NYR game. My other backup if the NYR go down would have to be the Habs in the end. Only for the sake that there's another Ct native (Pacioretty) with them and he's a pretty stand up guy after what Chara did to him.

Real Name
    George

Quote Originally Posted by treemanone2003 View Post
    Love it, Mark !!! An "islander" that loves Manhattan. You rock buddy !!! I'll be following along from the iPhone app startin day 630

Edit : Sunday @ 630

My boys just play in men's leagues now. I can't imagine them not playing, hockey's like that. I've lived in VT and ME all my life, so Boston teams pretty much come with the territory, but I get it. Son #1 has always been a big Penguins/Lemeiux fan so we followed them and went to games when we could. My veterinarian is a hockey fan/player fom Halifax, NS. He jokingly(?) threatens to kick me out of his practice for rooting for Boston!
    Joan

Go Blackhawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DiscusLoverJeff

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
    Confucius

Av was a scapegoat for gillis who is now fired. He never made good trades and gave all those huge no trade contracts. Ie. the luongo fiasco. We got nothing for Schneider except a draft pick and still paying part of luongos contract . So now clean slate. Yeah torts didn't get a fair chance as gillis was calling the shots.