ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Experience with aquaripure filters claiming 0 nitrates?

Registered Member Fish from Philly's Avatar

Default Experience with aquaripure filters claiming 0 nitrates?

According to website and testimonials the nitrates are brought down substantially. I don't mind doing water changes but if this works I would consider purchasing. Anyone have luck or heard of this filter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check out my 150 gallon planted discus tank!
    http://barrywhitefish.imgur.com/

Registered Member

Default Re: Experience with aquaripure filters claiming 0 nitrates?

yes, I have one, I quit using mine, I didn't give it enough time to work. you have to build up a bacteria colony in the filter, I got sick before I could let it grow. So I don't know how effective they are. I am about to sell on ebay, let me know if you are interested.
    Last edited by RodneyL001; 05-05-2014 at 12:05 AM.

This was talked about before...I responded in post #50

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...w-filter!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by uarujoey View Post
    This filter MAY remove nitrates.... and allows you not to do water changes... BUT nitrates is only a portion of the reason we do water changes.

What this product doesnt do is replace minerals, metals and salts.... which water changes do...

Since fish need minerals, metals and salts for proper growth, and metabolism... this filter would not do them any good, and in fact would be bad for them since this filter advocates not doing water changes. Once minerals, metals and salts are depleted from not doing water changes.... then what? add chemicals or trace elements? Or do a water change?

Nitrates are only a portion of the reason water changes are needed.

This statement on the site of aquapure:

"An Aquaripure Nitrate Filter will greatly reduce the need for water changes in your fish tanks, saving you time, money, and reducing the stress on your aquarium fish."

As noted above, fish need water changes for more then just removal of nitrates.

This filter does not save you money... and it does not reduce the stress on your fish...

Why? the filter costs money in the first place... replacing minerals, metals, salts and other trace elements without a water change, must be done with an additive... which costs more money...

If you run this filter exclusively, without adding trace elements, you'll have a stunted, sickly fish.... not stress reducing at all. Fish may even die from this..(costing even more money)

Do your water changes people... Add this filter to help with nitrates if you must, but it will never replace a water change... or reduce the need for one.
    Last edited by uarujoey; 05-04-2014 at 11:15 PM.
    youtube.com/uarujoey

Registered Member Fish from Philly's Avatar

Thanks Joey! I did search option after posting this and found a lot of info. Not worth the purchase...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check out my 150 gallon planted discus tank!
    http://barrywhitefish.imgur.com/

Thumbs up Re: Experience with aquaripure filters claiming 0 nitrates?

I have read humorous comments about the Aquaripure but I have yet to read one comment from someone on this forum that used the product long enough to develop an objective point of view based their experience.
    I have been using the Aquaripure on my Discus tank for one and one half years now and rarely change he water. My tank is planted and I use the Aquaripure, fish are healthy and hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Santojaime View Post
    I have read humorous comments about the Aquaripure but I have yet to read one comment from someone on this forum that used the product long enough to develop an objective point of view based their experience.
    I have been using the Aquaripure on my Discus tank for one and one half years now and rarely change he water. My tank is planted and I use the Aquaripure, fish are healthy and hugh.

All of your posts have been about aquaripure.(literally)

Im going to assume you represent them to some extent. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you didn't give u your day job.
    youtube.com/uarujoey