ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Gathering - Sunday May 18, 1:00 until the last person leaves

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Default Re: Spring Gathering - Sunday May 18, 1:00 until the last person leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Test post, please ignore.
    Was this a test post of a cute new please ignore admin kind of power? Not a post since, I'd say the test was a success.
    President - North American Discus Association

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by CozyKeith View Post
    Was this a test post of a cute new please ignore admin kind of power? Not a post since, I'd say the test was a success.
    It was a successful test and showed we were having a DB issue this morning. All fixed now thanks to Paul.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

I will be there but I am not sure what I will bring. If you need a extra hand setting things up let me know and I can be there early.

If anyone needs a ride I will be driving from Bloomington IL on I39.

Mark

Registered Member

If anyone that is going to the Spring Gathering - Sunday May 18 and has fry for sale send me a PM.

Thanks

Mark

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

Well my awesome owners have possibly decided to have the bar open this day now. Like usual the bartenders know but the kitchen help doesn't. Not looking good for my attendance

-Brandon
    -Brandon
    Discus.....The best cult I've been a part of!
    B's Bunker

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

President - North American Discus Association

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

Yup

-Brandon
    -Brandon
    Discus.....The best cult I've been a part of!
    B's Bunker

Registered Member

So wanted to join you guys and meet everyone. Sadly Sundays don't work for me. Maybe in the future.

I too might have to pass this Sunday as I had some more water damage in the basement Monday night and I have to devote this weekend to fixing the problems. I will let you know by Friday.
    DiscusLoverJeff

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
    Confucius

Hi Keith,

Thanks for hosting the Spring Gathering. I had a lot of fun meeting everyone and greatly enjoyed the conversations and entertainment. My fish and I also appreciated the organizing and ordering of Al's FDBW.

Enjoy my wife's knife, though I would like to get it back the next time we meet.

Craig

The food was wonderful the day beautiful. Sunny Janesville, a great place to get sun burned after a long cold lonely winter. Wisconsin's long winter with frigate temperatures can drive people into short temperaments, irritability, respectful intolerance, which often lock us within our own dogmas. Yes it has been a long winter, fuses have been short, positions sometimes as frigate and chilling as the cold itself for us Mid Westerners, yet all came together and the sun melted all the cold away. All of us from different walks of life, different beleif systems, different economics united under Cozy's roof and back yard, bathed in golden warm rays which melted even my feelings of being an outsider away. Here, we were able to enjoy conversations of fish, music, food and drink. We forgot our dispositions, left them on the coat hanger, at least I did and had wonderful conversations. Met some very fine people too. The smells of the grill and the barbecue enhanced the experience with an aroma that filled my senses with enchanting char broiled smoke. Lots of excess saliva indicating an esurient appetite, along with the warm spring sunshine, good company and topped with a spot of good old Wisconsin beer to wash it all down with, strangers became fast friends, old friends were reminded of their friendships and all that was said and done in the cold was long forgotten. As we Wisconsinites have learned though experience, things said coming out of a long frost will melt and bring forth new life. What a great way to throw off the old heavy cloaks of the season, and embrace the conversations that unite and breathe life back into us all.
    What a great way to start the summer. Had a great time everyone, and for the people that could not make it, so sorry, but you missed a good gathering.

So here is a portrait of a few of the members who would sit for the camera.

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1a549cb3.jpg

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1a549cb3.jpg
    http://<a href="http://s1288.photobu...cb3.jpg"/></a>
    Last edited by dirtyplants; 05-19-2014 at 03:58 PM.
    Coree

Life is maintenance, happiness if flexibility,
    May you stay forever young.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyplants View Post
    The food was wonderful the day beautiful. Sunny Janesville, a great place to get sun burned after a long cold lonely winter. Wisconsin's long winter with frigate temperatures can drive people into short temperaments, irritability, respectful intolerance, which often lock us within our own dogmas. Yes it has been a long winter, fuses have been short, positions sometimes as frigate and chilling as the cold itself for us Mid Westerners, yet all came together and the sun melted all the cold away. All of us from different walks of life, different beleif systems, different economics united under Cozy's roof and back yard, bathed in golden warm rays which melted even my feelings of being an outsider away. Here, we were able to enjoy conversations of fish, music, food and drink. We forgot our dispositions, left them on the coat hanger, at least I did and hadhttp://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1a549cb3.jpg wonderful conversations. Met some very fine people too. The smells of the grill and the barbecue enhanced the experience with an aroma that filled my senses with enchanting char broiled smoke. Lots of excess saliva indicating an esurient appetite, along with the warm spring sunshine, good company and topped with a spot of good old Wisconsin beer to wash it all down with, strangers became fast friends, old friends were reminded of their friendships and all that was said and done in the cold was long forgotten. As we Wisconsinites have learned though experience, things said coming out of a long frost will melt and bring forth new life. What a great way to throw off the old heavy cloaks of the season, and embrace the conversations that unite and breathe life back into us all.
    What a great way to start the summer. Had a great time everyone.
    So here is a portrait of a few of the members who would sit for the camera.
    Sounds like fun. Suck I had to miss this meet due to another event I had to attend with the family.

Missed You!
    Coree

Life is maintenance, happiness if flexibility,
    May you stay forever young.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Looks like a great time who's who?

Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Registered Member

I am the good looking one , if you can say that with this group.
    Just kidding, actually the good looking one took the picture,

Mark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast