AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aquatic Life EDGE LED light fixture informal review

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Aquatic Life EDGE LED light fixture informal review

Sorry, I kept forgetting to check, but I recreated a power outage yesterday and when the light came back on, my light was reset. So, for mine, it does not have a battery to retain settings after a power outage, which is what I remembered mine being. However, Jacklyn has one that does retain the settings, but this may be because they may have started adding one after the run of my light, or, only the larger versions have this option. I'd check with the company first before I invested if that is something important to your setup.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Thanks Ricardo, I do know the 24 inch fixture does not keep the settings. Perhaps the larger ones do.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Just so everyone knows, we have had some power outages in NC lately, if you have been following the weather in the southeast US as of late you will see why. Anyway this past weekend my house lost power twice, I actually knew it was going to happen as they were doing some repairs to power lines near my house and we all knew. My power went out for 30 minutes one time and about 20 the other on Saturday and sunday. both times I had to turn the light back on, to its according channel, but the settings remained. I have a 36" and a 48" and they both retained their three channel settings. I actually just checked aquatic life's webpage and they did have a "first generation" 24" model that did not have the battery back up power supply. is it possible that is the one you have ricardo?
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by jmf3460 View Post
    Just so everyone knows, we have had some power outages in NC lately, if you have been following the weather in the southeast US as of late you will see why. Anyway this past weekend my house lost power twice, I actually knew it was going to happen as they were doing some repairs to power lines near my house and we all knew. My power went out for 30 minutes one time and about 20 the other on Saturday and sunday. both times I had to turn the light back on, to its according channel, but the settings remained. I have a 36" and a 48" and they both retained their three channel settings. I actually just checked aquatic life's webpage and they did have a "first generation" 24" model that did not have the battery back up power supply. is it possible that is the one you have ricardo?
    It possibly might just be.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12