ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Visiting DiscusForrest by kkdiscus

Default Visiting DiscusForrest by kkdiscus

I have the chance to visit the famous DiscusForrest farm in Johor, Malaysia, few days ago (15th May 2014 (Thursday)). It is about 1 hour drive from where I live, and the journey is a smooth drive via highway. Total distance is around 55km as per WAZE GPS.

For discus lovers, the farm is like a paradise. So many great discus in different strains at one place, and the best thing is...they are all very healthy! I spent several hours at the farm, looking at the fish and chit-chatting with Forrest, who is a very nice and humble guy to spend time with!

No, he is not into selling. In fact, he asked me not to buy, as I already have many discus in my tank. Still, I want to bring back some nice discus, so I insist. Forrest is sincere in telling me the quality of each fish, and below are what I got at the end.

Two Blue Scorpions, One Straight Line Red Turquoise, and One Forrest Giant Red Turquoise.

The two blue scorpions are 4-4.5" each. I love the fine patterns on this one.

While this one is more clean, it has a nice shape as well.

Love this red turq on first look. Very nice straight line pattern! It is a 5" fish! The photo doesn't do justice to the fish, as the fins are clamped after I changed water.

I wanted to get another turquoise, so Forrest brought me to another farm of his (yes, he got two farms), to select his own breed Forrest Giant Red Turq, and he chose this straight line one for me. This one is huge, 5.5"!

All the fish are extremely healthy! I quarantine them for 2 days in a small tank, and noticed that the Giant Red Turq was bullying the others (chasing and causing fish to jump and splash the water around and hurting themselves), so I join them to my bigger tank with others.

Really happy with the quality of these fish, and most importantly, make a new friend.
    Yours truly,
    KK
    Malaysia
    (Currently owns a 76 Gallons + 20 Gallons tanks)

Default Re: Visiting DiscusForrest by kkdiscus

You're so lucky man. They all look so great. Congratulation.

Trung.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Those turqs are something else. The pattern on the operculum is much nicer than I have seen from many others working on this strain. You are a very lucky man to live so close!

Please tell me you took pics of the farms :-)

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Benjamin

Those blue Scorpions are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by trungnguyen View Post
    You're so lucky man. They all look so great. Congratulation.
    Trung.
    Thanks! I am happy with the 4 that I brought back home!

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Those turqs are something else. The pattern on the operculum is much nicer than I have seen from many others working on this strain. You are a very lucky man to live so close!

Please tell me you took pics of the farms :-)
    I didn't notice the operculum pattern until you mentioned it now. Yes, it does look very nice!

Sorry...I didn't take the farm photos. Maybe next time...and I am sure there will be NEXT visit! (I need a new tank! Or...TWO?!)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    Those blue Scorpions are awesome.
    The best actually went to Kenny already, so those in USA have the best one from Kenny. However, this is the first time I have blue scorpion, so I am still quite happy with their quality. I suspect they are male and female, but not pair up yet. (An adult snakeskin in my tank is chasing away one blue scorpion, but not the other one.)
    Yours truly,
    KK
    Malaysia

By the way, the size I typed above are actually Asian measurement (tip to end of body, tail not included). So in American measure, it should be an extra inch longer.
    Yours truly,
    KK
    Malaysia

We envy you man.Post some pictures of the farm if ok by forrest.If You dnt have pics.Then take a day off work go back and get picktures PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.NOW.wanna see

Real Name
    Francis

Very nice discus from Forrest and thanks for posting them.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Real Name
    Nathan P.

Thank you for posting these picture! Defiantly good looking!!